+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The post any subject for when there isn't a thread thread

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Oh dear, tracking info says In Transit at 19:00 and on the same line under Signatory 'NULL'. Then Parcel returned to delivery depot at 19:25.
    "oh no, not again!".

That's crap and worthy of a serious complaint to Yodel AND the sender who chose to use them.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Yes a word to Yodel is in order. You're not out in the sticks are you Gary? Is your house relatively easy to find?

Could just be that the courier is unfamiliar with the location. Satnav helps but sometimes more bother than it's worth. I suppose asking for directions is beyond these people now though as they probably just go by the satnav and if they get lost it's easier just return to depot.

Had a very frustrating phone call to Virgin Mobile, who use a call centre abroad (Philippines I think). The person always speaks in broken English and I have to ask them to repeat most things they say. His tracking info stopped at 'Out for delivery' at 09.23 so he asked me to wait til 9. There are three more lines of entry above that on the info I have so that's what I told him. First of all he wouldn't accept my password, which I've used the last few times and has not been questioned. I asked him if the password for phone calls is the same as you use for logging into the website. I changed it the other day because I have so many passwords for different parts of virgin media, I couldn't remember it for virgin mobile so I had a new one sent to my email. Then I changed it to what I thought it was before but added a number. His reply was 'do you want to change your password?' Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!

Oddly enough i had reason to call Virgin Mobile today as well. My fault as i had ordered the 15 unlimited sim not realizing that the sim i was replacing still had a years contract to run....doh! Anyway got it sorted but the person i spoke to was also probably in outer Mongolia somewhere. My wife hung up on the first person then i was told that i needed the password for my wife's account which neither of us could remember. After some security questions we were then asked to make a new password which i have since tried and doesn't work!

I can't get a clear answer from them because if the question isn't in a list in front of them they don't have a clue. From what I've gathered you can have various passwords for logging onto various parts of the site and other passwords for phoning them. I've got so many passwords written down I get thrown when someone on the phone says 'what's your password?' Because I changed the virgin mobile one (the website one) on Thursday and the bloke said I gave him the wrong password, I thought that had changed too, but it hadn't. It is impossible to start again and have one password for the whole of virgin media now because the people you speak to answer a question with a question that has nothing to do with what you asked. I prefer to use email - less frustrating but a delay for a response. I'd love Branson to phone 789 with a query and see how he gets on.

failed delivery yesterday (parcel returned to depot again) and al stayed in all day. Today we have had card through the door (for the first time) as no one in. we can't stay in indefinitely so sod' em.

go into a virgin mobile shop, thats what i do when we need new contract etc, means we get phone then and no waiting in. you can get same upgrade deals in the shop as you can online mostly.

Y'know that never crossed my mind. Now it seems obvious I feel silly, Because we can't be in for a whole day I've had to arrange a delivery to a work address.

I got the phones eventually, they went to a neighbour's house. Later that day had a call from Yodel (voicemail) saying they wouldn't deliver parcels (they had already delivered) to a different postcode in birmingham and a location just a couple of miles down the road. Her tone of voice pissed me off as at the end she said 'this parcel has been out for delivery four times now!'. Well not to this house it hasn't. By saying that she implied it was our fault, which I knew is what they would do.

So now I have an Android based phone, the last one was BADA. With the last Samsung I was able to connect it to my Mac and get access to the sd card to get photos off it, but now that doesn't work. I've downloaded the android file transfer app onto my mac but it crashes every time I open it, even though it should be compatible with the OS 10.5.8 system. So anyone know how I get photos off the phone onto my G4 Mac?

You may need to download Samsung Kies, if you haven't already done that. Should then be straight froward to import photos.

Isn't that for Windows Eddie? My phone told me I need the android file transfer thingy for mac but it just crashes. The android site says You don't need extra software to connect your Android device to a Windows computer. I know the answer really, it's to get a newer mac but I like the set up I have now. I know a new mac will not run the software like QuarkXpress I run now and I have a wired printer. A new mac will expect all to be wireless.
    Last edited by TIU; 15th February 2014 at 15:49.

Strange that. Software not compatible with my Mac's architecture will usually refuse to download and/or install but Kies did and after restarting it then tells me it won't run on this architecture (Kies is Intel based). Android File Transfer is the thing I need but that won't run also.

Sorry about that Gary. All this MAC / Windows stuff does my head in sometimes.

No need to apologise Eddie, I need to catch up with the times. I was in a Tesco Extra on Thursday and looking for a new mouse mat I realised they're hardly used now. Everything is touch screen or laptops.

I bought a mouse mat off Ebay for about 2 (infact i bought 2...one for the laptop). Just a square rubber foam pad with fabric on the top but does the job.

So Paypal strikes again. I had a refund yesterday but my balance is showing nil because paypal have put a temporary hold on the money. They took the (large) payment from my bank account instantly but won't refund it instantly, and when I do get it back I have to make a request to transfer it back to my bank account, otherwise it sits in my paypal account.

The usual from them. They hang onto your money as long as they can so they can make interest off it. Had this out with them before, they used to be even worse. A whole week to transfer funds in the age of instant money transfer is not acceptable and I told them so. I wasn't the only one though so they brought it down to a few days, still too long IMO.

This isn't the transfer part, which they have been better with the last few times I've requested it (it's been instant but used to take days). This is a refund from the ebay seller which they've put on hold. I sent them an email asking why when the seller is very established. I looked at the help sections on their site and it says if the payment was funded from your bank account, the funds go into your paypal balance. A refund should only be held if a credit card was used, which it wasn't. The hold is preventing me bidding on other auctions as my money is tied up.
    Last edited by TIU; 26th February 2014 at 17:41.

I phoned paypal and was told the refund will not clear until next Tuesday! So I made a payment on the 25th, cancelled it and get it back about a week later. Great system!

+ Reply to Thread