+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The post any subject for when there isn't a thread thread

A made the second chance offer and didn't know that results in ebay relisting the item on a BIN for the next bid price for 24 hours, so it's available to anyone, not just the member you send the offer to. A similar thing caught me out once, when I offered a lower price to a seller after his listing had ended and he wanted to proceed via ebay (don't blame him), so he relisted the item on a BIN set to the price I offered and before I realised what he'd done, someone else bought it.

The bidder in second place was surprised to get the offer this morning, paid straight away and collected the sub this afternoon, so I'm happy it's resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    Nice fella!!!!!! I'm sure you'd rather do nice things to yourself, as he suggests, than deal with him, anyway.....
    I replied with something about Karma.

The Google Doodle is good today. Click on it and create something inspired by Oskar Fischinger.

The cricket game is back on the google doodle. Can you beat my high score of 142?

Score now 340. (Yes I have better things to do )

Can speakers rated at 60w maximum input power have a low sensitivity of 82dB? Those figures don't seem to add up.

the ls3/5a only handled 25w or so and it's sensitivity was around 81.5/82dB/W (you can add a couple of db on there as they were 15ohms not 8)

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Score now 340. (Yes I have better things to do )

Can speakers rated at 60w maximum input power have a low sensitivity of 82dB? Those figures don't seem to add up.
    How long did that take you? I got into the 30's (4 sixes) before deciding the paint was drying in the next room!
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Patience is a virtue, Grasshopper.

Anyway, enough of cricket, the tennis is back on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RXSGhIjOZM

I'm concerned about my hearing. I've been having trouble with ear wax and pain in my right ear so the GP prescribed some spray, which I used for a week. Now she wants me to continue putting olive oil in both ears for the next month but I can't hear properly. My hearing would reduce after putting drops in (the effect is I hear my voice in my head) but it would clear. Now I can't hear fully all the time and I keep turning the hifi and tv up. I'd hate to be like this all the time, it's disconcerting.

Bear with it mate, the Olive oil will, over time, help soften the years of build up of wax, one day all this horrible brown gunk will come out of your ears, then your hearing will be back to what it should, it's not a quick fix, but well worth persevering.

I had a wax build up in my left ear once. I put drops in and I went completely dead in that ear for a while until my ears were syringed. It was disconcerting for a while but a relief when I could hear properly again.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    I had a wax build up in my left ear once. I put drops in and I went completely dead in that ear for a while until my ears were syringed. It was disconcerting for a while but a relief when I could hear properly again.
    They prefer not to syringe these days as it can damage the eardrum. They prefer to use a little suction machine. Look for videos on youtube - after you've had breakfast though. Yuck.

Alternatively, you could go listen to a Naim/Focal system for half an hour. The ear wax wouldn't stand a chance.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

PRaT.

I can only hear mumbling. What did you all say?

SORTED......

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    Alternatively, you could go listen to a Naim/Focal system for half an hour. You'd be better off with the ear wax in place AND a pair of ear defenders.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    They prefer not to syringe these days as it can damage the eardrum. They prefer to use a little suction machine.
    Very satisfying, like a good nose pick.

Right now with impaired hearing I can hear up to 8500 Hz. How high can you go?

http://onlinetonegenerator.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Right now with impaired hearing I can hear up to 8500 Hz. How high can you go?
    Seems I'm around 10k, which sounds poor, but at my age I suspect it's reasonably normal.

However, I have to say that I can hear a mouse fart at 50 metres, so the frequency isn't everything and it doesn't prevent the enjoyment of good quality hi-fi.

I think you'd surprise yourself Gary re the tweeters, as it's always been maintained that it's not what they are capable of themselves, but what they contribute to the 'big picture'! I've heard many SHF tweeters and tried the stand alone ones a couple of times and even with the Alnico diamonds, they appear to change the ability of the other drivers to do their job better, thus producing a far superior sound overall. It's not an insignificant improvement and I think you'd notice the difference. (especially when you get your lugs sorted!).
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Without headphones, the high 13000s. I think that is quite good for my age.

+ Reply to Thread