+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 174 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3472

Thread: Recent Music Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote23 View Post
    Esk....are the denovali discs jammed tight into the covers? How are you finding the 'Stairwell Album'?

I just ordered it along with some other bird singing cos I got bored waiting for 'the eye of time' to be released.

my hidden orch one was, also the inner sleeves where burst through, don;t think i'l be ordering from them any time soon, take an age to deliver as well.

Denovali is a bit of a one man show as far as I can tell. I don't mind the wait as most of the stuff I have bought is pre order and I can follow the progress with the tracking email that Timo sends. I do have issue with the covers though. Mind you that can happen with any album if it isn't packed properly. Every single thing I have ordered from vinyl 180 has had burst covers!

Fink i will prolly be doing the same Paul. Anyways ive found, and maybe you have sussed this out anaw, that what Deno are selling can mostly be found elsewhere at a cheaper price and not 6 fookin months delivery. Case in point the Jaga Jazzist album. Got it from sent2u for 15 quid or so and it arrived in 3 days,job done.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Hey Steve, timos tracking link is a pile of shite. It works when it feels like it ive found. Gave up the ghost today trying to see if my order has now been posted.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

I've had no bother with anything so far bar the tight covers. As far as I know you'll only get Denovali pressings from them. They have other stuff which is widely available elsewhere, sometimes closer to home and sometimes a few quid cheaper.

Cargo records stock some Denovali releases but you'll pay through the nose for them. eg Blackfilm

I have only been ordering from Denovali now for a few months so it's a bit of a shocker to hear you have been waiting 6 months for deliveries.

Yes as usual they are welded to the inside sleeves.

The Stairwell is a lovely album. Lots of jazz, classical and weirdness.

Sadly, for my hip'ness, my in-laws liked it. Damn it. Must try harder.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Well I am waiting for my latest which was Stairwell and Birds of Passage. AFAIK Birds has not yet arrived at Denovali HQ from the Pirates Press so I'll be waiting a bit yet. If this lot arrive squeezed into the covers I'll be having a wee chat with the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote23 View Post
    I've had no bother with anything so far bar the tight covers. As far as I know you'll only get Denovali pressings from them. They have other stuff which is widely available elsewhere, sometimes closer to home and sometimes a few quid cheaper.

Cargo records stock some Denovali releases but you'll pay through the nose for them. eg Blackfilm

I have only been ordering from Denovali now for a few months so it's a bit of a shocker to hear you have been waiting 6 months for deliveries.
    I just think an email saying (bollox ive forgotten which album now,lol) is going to be late from the press shop would have been a nice touch. Instead of hey its finally done and why not buy this anaw. I've only got the order progress link to work 2 or 3 times out of shit loads of attempts. Todays efforts to get it to tell me summat pushed me over the brink.
    Havnt done the maths yet but Norman Records in Leeds have a good catalogue of denovali pressings. Ive bought from them in the past,nay too bad a crowd. Their Blackfilm is cheaper than your link by a few quid Steve.
    Anyways at the end of the day you introduced me and a few others i guess to some good, often at times shite yer pants,music
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

LOL cheers for that. I honestly think it's touch and go with any online order. Some folks will get it right every time and some just won't. Usually Denovali indicate whats been pre release ordered and whats actually in.
    I've returned vinyl to Boomkat even though thay insisted the marks on it were from the pressing plant and wouldn't affect play!
    Last order I had from Normans was dispatched as two halves even though they said it would all go together. The second half was a Burnt Friedman 12" which was listed as an album at 5 odd and they charged my 37 for. They were quick to sort out the mistake but in the end the 12" was a little tatty so it's in the for sale pile from me lol.

The blackfilm from Norman records is 26 plus postage.....I'll pay the 16 plus p&p in a multiple order from Timo any day!

Lol. Thing is steve ,me being a plank in rant mode, i had no idea how much i paid for Blackfilm tbh, i had 20 euros in my nut. After Euan posted his new arrivals i went into kill Timo mode. So today, although my albums havnt turned up yet again, I gets an email, like everyone else, saying the postage has dropped etc etc and a few snippits of interest. The bassa. But im holding firm cos at the min im waiting on feck knows how many albums to turn up via different peeps,prolly 15 to 20 albums. However Subheim turned up today. Nah i aint opened it but the postmark was a givaway,lol.

Fookinell his link worked . Thats borruxed it , my slabs were posted on the 11th so watch this space in a fortnight .
    Last edited by KB1; 14th March 2011 at 21:11. Reason: Gobsmacked.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

On vinyl which was no mean feat cos my Danish is shite.

You might like this Keef

You bassa Scott go away im skint,lol. PM me some details i gotta eat , ya sod ya .

dunna worry ive got it playing now on zitty.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

But you could still pm me the who,where, how much etc. Now i really have to eat.

Great track listing, understand every worm, my arse i do.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

LOL you are a ranty panty

I know i am Steve .
    Last edited by KB1; 14th March 2011 at 23:39. Reason: quick edit before i get slaughtered
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Been after a minter of this on vinyl for some time and paid the top of course but it arrives tomorrow
    just kickin back

Falty DL : You Stand Uncertain (vinyl) Pre order from HMV 8.99 (also on pre prder at amazon at 13.99)

wooshafuckir !!!!!!!!!!! Got this delivered yesterday aaaaaaaaaaand???? It's fckn awsome. Double heavyweight vinyl , 4 cd's , dvd , slipmat , book , artwork prints and a reissued t-shirt all housed in a very heavy plastic box , think "Celebrations tin" but thicker. #41 of 5000.
    What a brilliant album Screamadelica is , 20 years old and hasn't really dated at all.
    Definately making a point of going to see Bobby Gillespie and Co at T in the Park .
    I have 7 Primal Scream ticket stubs dating from 1987 to 1995 , that's like a gig every year and listening to Screamadelica again , well it's been far too long since I've seen them. If they clash with Leftfield I WILL kill some cahnt.

chezi

Saw leftfield last year. Ticket sales for their Belfast show were so bad the guest list was longer then the paying list! They put on as good a show as the first time I saw them. We are all older though so no mental jumping about from me or them......plus I was driving so no altered states for me Their sound system is still brutal and punishing and I'd say if you are in the mood see them over Primal scream.

I've seen Primal a few times and they never disappoint either......even in their pre Screamadelica 'Goth'days when they drank our beer and munched our fungi in Portrush!

Seen Leftfield twice many moons ago , as you say , fkn awsome soundsystem and therefor a definate must see , but they can't possibly clash with Primal Scream , please please please , or Too many Dj's. If I see all three of these then my T in the park is complete .............oh and Eels anaw , always good for the strangest gig in a while catagory , the guy's nuts.
    Roll on the summer and festival season.

chz

+ Reply to Thread