+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using f***ing Word

Default Using f***ing Word

I've never got on with Word (for Mac, Version 11.0) no matter how carefully I look at it when using it. I had a 10-page document sent to me and have to add some text to page 2. The example shows four paragraphs of text, each in its own column and there are four columns. I can't figure out how to set up one text box divided into four columns so I made each text box separately and then guessed their positioning and size. The only way I can tell they're roughly the same width is by highlighting each box and then clicking on the tabs ruler above. In QuarkXPress all this is easy and you can drag measured guides onto the page for boxes to snap to. In Word it all seems like guesswork.

So my text is there on the page but when I go to other views it disappears. Where the fook does it go to? When I want to print just that page there are no options in print setup or print preview to print just one page. I had to print all 10 pages again when the ink is low just to get that one page. Why isn't there an option to separate one page into a new document or delete pages? In Quark all that is easy, you just Save As and delete pages you don't need.

I've got a black line border I didn't want around the four text boxes. I've figured out how to have no line (after printing it) but why have a line as default? It should be no line as default so you can add one if desired. Word really pisses me off.

Blog Entries

www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Thanks J. It's Word 2004 for Mac I have so a lot older. I've found the columns option. Columns seem to be applied to text already set and you can set the width and space inbetween, etc. Also found the full print options by clicking on an arrow next to the Printer field in the Print dialogue box.

Convert it to pages and work in that, MS Office is shit!

Can you create a 4 column table and work in that.
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

What's a 4 column table for lol?

It's all done now, I handed the work in last night and got paid for it. I'll continue to avoid Word at all possible but sometimes I can't. Thanks for the tips.

+ Reply to Thread