+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the new knee pal?

Blog Entries

Nah, your ok for a bit Gary. I will want them back at some stage but I've got the Naims running nicely and I'm really enjoying them. I doubt I'll ever sell the Avondales unless I'm feeling benevolent lol.
    Anyway a funny thing happened last night. I fell asleep on the settee and when I woke up the agonising pain in my knee had gone. It's still sore and a bit stiff but what a relief. I reckon I had a trapped nerve. I can't think what else it could be. Anyway I'm off to pick up my excercises bike tomorrow
    Si.

You'd only be benevolent if you sold them for less than a reasonable price.

Great to hear about the knee improvement. It must have been a trapped nerve, which the doctors could only guess at but you knew something was amiss. The elliptical trainers are good, I've used one or two in the past. Here's what wiki says:

An elliptical trainer or cross-trainer (also called an X-trainer) is a stationary exercise machine used to simulate stair climbing, walking, or running without causing excessive pressure to the joints, hence decreasing the risk of impact injuries. For this reason, people with some injuries can use an elliptical to stay fit, as the low impact affects them little. Elliptical trainers offer a non-impact cardiovascular workout that can vary from light to high intensity based on the speed of the exercise and the resistance preference set by the user.

Been a month since we heard about your knee mate....... is it getting any better?
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Blog Entries

Hi Andy, didn't realise it's been that long. I've been up and about without crutches or a stick for about a fortnight now but it still feels stiff if I'm on my feet too long. I'm out of physio but I go to the gym for exercises every Monday. I've actually spent some time in the workshop building another Lenco and I've just serviced Jean's car ready to go to see our son and his family on Friday. I would have paid you a visit but I've taken my own car off the road as it was going to cost around six hundred quid to tax and insure it and it needs work which I'm unable to undertake right now.
    I'm back at the hospital for assessment the following Friday and I'm going to push them to get the other knee done. I really need to get back to work but I feel I must bite the bullet and get myself sorted out. Going back to work will just drag things out indefinitely. It's not quite that simple but I think you understand the situation.
    Si.

Idle sod Glad to hear things have improved.

Blog Entries

Thanks Gary. Yes I'm much improved and I'm ready for light duties. Decorating seems to be the buzzword in our house atm
    Si.

Well thats sort of good news Si. Let me know when your back from "down south" I will pop across for an hour for a chin wag
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Blog Entries

I'll look forward to that Andy
    Si.

Blog Entries

A new toy to play with whilst my knee gets better;

I'm back in on the 31st of July for the other knee joint replacing so it looks like I'm going to have plenty of time on my hands
    Si.

It says report as offensive/adult content. I was tempted.

Good luck wi the other knee Si

Blog Entries

Aye thanks Paul.

Offensive no, adult content yes. It might look the dogs but it doesn't sound so good that I call tell you! Anyway how's things Gary?
    Si.

OK thanks Si. Still looking for better work. Is that a stereo power amp?

Whats up the the Mr Liang Si. As I remember several I have heard were very good given their limited pricepoint so much so I was going to try and buy one a few years back, has this one been "messed" with?

Blog Entries

It's a stereo integrated amp Gary. No it's not been messed with Andy. This amp has a bit of a reputation I'm afraid though I didn't realise just how bad lol. Thick bass and splashy treble sums it up. Having said all that I bought it with the intention of rebuilding it. There's plenty of info on the interweb about this amp and there's a nice circuit diagram for the rebuild on the Lampizator site. I said before that I'd like to build an 845 amp or something and I can't by the iron for what I paid for this so I'm happy Come over and have a listen if you like.
    Si.

Sounds like it'll make a good project Si. Good luck with the other knee BTW.

Blog Entries

Aye cheers Eddie.
    Si.

Blog Entries

I had a phone call yesterday evening offering me a cancellation. Looks like I'll be going in next Tuesday. I'm just waiting for confirmation so fingers crossed.
    Si.

Bloody Hell mate thats quick, still the sooner the better eh! with a bit of luck you might be back at work by Christmas?

I want to get across for a chat and a listen to that Liang but I am really under the cosh at the minute and can't find a minute to myself, the work environment has really changed this year compared to the last few, but I must not complain, anyway good luck and let us know if Tuesday is confirmed.

All the best with that Si, just don't carry on going to the workshop for a few days eh.

+ Reply to Thread