+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: G4 Mac blog

I cannot remember how I loaded warrior, as even on the new iMac it's there, pretty much as I cloned the old ones over time, but I'll have a look, and yes it's a handy bootable cd too.

Or wait, is yours a full version of warrior, or did your mate just make you a bootable cd from the main prog?

There are two versions - for OS X and OS 9. All the files needed are there (inc a basic system to start up from) but without an installer I don't know where to put them all. It's no use just copying them all in one location, i.e. the Applications folder because some should go in prefs, some in the library - users, etc. Obviously with a new copy the installer would be there. As with any recovery programme such as Norton Utilities, they work best from a bootable disc and not opened from within the hdd you're trying to repair. If I detect any more problems I'll run it from the CDR.

I wonder, Disk warrior is not copy protected, but it says to install it you need a serial number, i bought my copy a few years ago, i seem to remember it cost around Ł100, it has an automatic mode, that checks periodically (i have set mine to weekly) the directory of your HDD, it can then send an alert or email.

here is how you install it from the instructions

Installing DiskWarrior
    Installation of DiskWarrior will require an administrative password and your DiskWarrior serial
    number. Follow these steps to install DiskWarrior:
    Note:
    If you suspect there is directory damage on your disk, then you should proceed to
    Rebuilding Your HFS and HFS Plus Disks
    on page 23 in this chapter before installing
    DiskWarrior on your disk. Alsoft recommends that you run DiskWarrior on your disk before
    Installation of DiskWarrior
    Chapter 2: Using DiskWarrior 21
    installing DiskWarrior.
    Installing from the DiskWarrior Disc:
    1) Insert the DiskWarrior Disc into your Disc drive.
    2) Select the DiskWarrior icon found in the Disc window and drag it to your hard disk.
    Alsoft recommends that DiskWarrior reside in the Utilities folder of the
    Applications folder.
    3) To run DiskWarrior from your hard disk, simply double-click the DiskWarrior icon.
    In order to run DiskWarrior, your computer must be started from Mac OS X v.
    10.3.9 or later.
    Installing the DiskWarrior received via download purchase:
    1) Open the ‘DiskWarrior.dmg’ file you received via download. Doing so will cause the
    disk image named ‘DiskWarrior’ to appear on the Desktop.
    2) Select the DiskWarrior application icon found in the DiskWarrior disk image
    window and drag it to your hard disk. Alsoft recommends that DiskWarrior reside
    in the Utilities folder of the Applications folder.
    3) To run DiskWarrior from your hard disk, simply double-click the DiskWarrior icon.
    In order to run DiskWarrior, you must be started from Mac OS X v. 10.3.9 or later.
    Before using a new utility for the first time, it is recommended that you back up your data to
    safeguard against any unforeseen incompatibilities with other programs running on your Mac OS
    computer.
    Uninstalling DiskWarrior
    If you ever have a need to uninstall DiskWarrior, simply drag the DiskWarrior application icon
    from the Utilities folder of the Applications folder to the trash.
    If you have told DiskWarrior to do Automatic Hardware Monitoring (refer to
    About
    DiskWarrior’s Hardware Monitoring
    on page 46 in this chapter), you will need to remove the
    DiskWarriorStarter from your user’s Login Items in the System Preferences.
    Opening DiskWarrior

so basically if you have the application icon, all you do is drag that to the applications folder. Not sure if it will run without a serial number though.

Really annoyed that this doesn't work on my mac. There's no contact link so I can't report the problem.

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

It's running 10.5.8 so it should work. As I had a replacement phone today and a new system on the replacement hdd, I tried downloading it again but it still quits as soon as it opens. So I still can't get photos off the phone. Maybe I can display them on the phone, take pics of the screen with my Fuji camera and then transfer those photos to my mac. Sorted.

Looks like someone in the US has been tampering with my Microsoft (Outlook.com) account. IP address 64.4.26.8. Just changed the password as a precaution and added more security info.

+ Reply to Thread