+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greeting from the Great White North

Default Greeting from the Great White North

I hope all is well with everyone. I'm a music lover from Canada, which I'm pretty sure is one of the larger colonies. I am fortunate to have a rather large and varied record collection, everything from Bach to rock. Even though most of the components are now rather long in the tooth, I have also managed to put together a rather nice sounding audio system. I'm looking forward to spending time here and picking up some pointers.

Gary.

Hi Gary, welcome.

Welcome Gary.

You'll find some gear on here that isn't enormously popular on other forums. However, you will discover that we generally talk about music rather than box swapping. This should tell you something.

Oh, we do argue about fish and chips. Battered, breaded, au natural. Red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all. Pickled eggs, pickled onions, salt, vinegar... the combinations are endless.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Hi Gary and welcome. My youngest brother and his family have just returned from Canada - somewhere around Toronto I think (they made a couple of trips to the Falls). His in laws have relatives/friends over there. Whereabouts are you in the west?

Hi Gary and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzcontrol View Post
    I hope all is well with everyone.
    No it fekin well isnt and I can feel a major rant coming on soon.........

Oh yeah , welcome to the madhouse Gary .
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Quote Originally Posted by KB1 View Post
    No it fekin well isnt and I can feel a major rant coming on soon...
    Be quiet! Bad Dog!!!

Sorry. Been doing a fare bit of that this last few days....
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Lol. I'm on my yearly 'get out of the fekin way' , 'why dont you go to Spain or Cromer'. Loves holidaymakers I does.

BTW Gary , every topic is open for going 'off topic' on here. You will get used to it.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Thanks everyone.

I could eat pickled eggs all day long or until my heart stopped whichever came first.

We live in the Calgary Alberta area. My wife and I were born in Port Arthur Ontario (Thunder Bay) and have lived in Alberta for the past 35 years.

I have been to Toronto a few times but never to Niagara Falls. I've never been to Spain either but I'm trying to build a model of the Cromer Ruby & Arthur Reed Tyne Class lifeboat.

I know what you mean when you say "No it fekin well isn't........". My wife says I get that way if I miss my afternoon nap.

Cheers.

Gary.

I was ill once after eating a pickled egg. It had absolutely nothing to do with the several pints of ale I drank beforehand. Never touched one since.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

I've got acid indigestion just thinking about that.

Gary, do you like Neil Young? His latest is a bit of a flop.

Welcome to sleepy hollow Gary.... This thread is the busiest this place has been in weeks....LOL.

Craigdarroch Castle at Victoria was built by one of my ancestors who got kicked out of Scotland with about seven bucks in his pocket; made it big within a few years and built the 'big hoose', but I haven't been fortunate enough to visit yet.

Gary (the other one): "Neil Young". . . . Just his latest????

G.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

You're yankin my chain? If not, listen to Live at Massey Hall 1971 and then try to listen to an episode of the X Factor karaoke/covers crap and compare the two.

hee hee hee.... bombed another thread Sorry Gary (the new one), but keef did warn you.

Someone will come along in a mo' and get back on topic...

Yeah G, just yankin' as you'd expect. Most of NYs stuff is excellent, even brilliant, but he does have some dour stuff out there too....
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Hopefully Gary will have an opinion on NY, a fellow Canadian. The only really duff album is the rockabilly one but that was to spite the record company. It must have really pissed them off. His so called poor 80s output isn't as bad as most people think.

Never touched one of what since......pickled eggs or pints of ale?

If I was the King of Canada and any of my subjects had a problem with Neil Young they would have to give up their citizenship. Is that too harsh? Perhaps they should just be exiled to the North Pole.

I haven't heard NY's latest so I can't comment. I think he writes and plays music to please himself. If the masses like the music that's great and if they don't that's OK too. He most definitely has nothing to prove at this stage of the game. His place in history as one of Rock 'N' Roll's greatest singer/songwriter/guitar players is assured.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone could get kicked out of Scotland when they still had $7.00 in their pocket.

Cheers.

Gary.

Blog Entries

Hi Gary, Welcome!
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

+ Reply to Thread