+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another very happy Ai customer!

Default Another very happy Ai customer!

Here's some feedback I've recently received from another happy Sole VII customer...

" My Sole VII arrived well packed and it is clearly a beautifully engineered piece of kit, though I had had to struggle with my guilt at spending over 500 on this self indulgence.

John’s instructions were excellent but I still had to battle with the odd complication, two being entirely of my own making. The earth wire from the arm was no longer long enough requiring me to solder on an extension lead and terminal. Then after screwing back the last screw under the Trampolin I discovered the reason why Audio-T had omitted the cap at the bottom of my Ekos, which I had foolishly replaced, and after screwing back the Trampolin again I found that I had failed to push the Lingo ribbon lead fully back home resulting in the LP12 playing dead.

First I put on Joan Armatrading’s ‘Woncha come on home’ and felt both puzzled and disappointed. It just wasn’t what I expected having briefly heard Keeled LP12s. Next I put on Chris Rea’s ‘Your warm and tender love’ and everything snapped into place. I guess things needed a couple of minutes to settle down and warm up. There followed a race through track after track from Led Zeppelin to Vivaldi flute concertos while I struggled to describe to myself what was happening. The obvious thing was a massive increase in subtle detail with singers’ voices having inflections I had never heard before. All the details seemed far better controlled and showed me that all the start of notes had been smeared before. The sound stage was now not only deeper and more forward but it was filled with detail where previously there had been gaps. Where before the music had been quite exciting it now gelled and for me became totally enthralling.

I was puzzled by John’s lack of enthusiasm for Cirkus as I was impressed by the effect it had in my system, but I can see that the Sole VII is a much more significant upgrade.

As far as I am concerned it has improved my system by an order of magnitude and it was absolutely worth every penny."

Thank you Richard F glad you are enjoying !

Regards.

John R.

Great write up.Just don`t take it the Linn forum as they will shoot you down in flames.
    Steve1ooo
    LINN LP12/CIRCUS/Sole MK VI /LINGO/ A/O PU7/Audio Ortofon Cadaenza Bronze
    Trichord Diablo+NCPS, Icon Audio stereo 40 MK 111 , Acoustic Energy radiance two.

Oh come on Steve. Would I do a provocative stunt like that? Noo not just yet !

I'll wait until another of our customers provides his feedback - that's the international gentleman with the 23,000 amplifier and 3,400 cartridge - God only knows what his speakers are priced at? But I take much comfort (and pride) from the fact that he chose to come to Ai for his Sole VII sub-chassis, mainly based on recommendations of my skills with audio equipment and zero admiration for Linn dealers!

Early reports from him are very positive indeed - but you wouldn't expect any different would you?

It will be fun on that day for sure when I post both of these accounts on the Linn third party manufacturers board.

Regards.

John R.
    Last edited by John R; 23rd November 2014 at 15:52.

Can`t wait for that one...i`ll book a ring side seat.
    Steve1ooo
    Trichord Diablo+NCPS, Icon Audio stereo 40 MK 111 , Acoustic Energy radiance two.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1ooo View Post
    Can`t wait for that one...i`ll book a ring side seat.
    Great stuff - see you there! I guess I'll have a full report to post sometime early December, I can't wait to cast the bait so to speak.

I wonder who'll take first bite? There are quite a few who cannot accept our views and the options we offer.

All quite sad really, so I just continue with the wind up
    Last edited by John R; 24th November 2014 at 17:30. Reason: Dumb typo - always doin' it!

Blog Entries

Branson doesn't start with an F, unless one is being very rude...
    cheers.....Bryan

http://qualia.webs.com/

The following is feedback from a customer of ours who purchased a Sole VII and a PU7 me last month...

It is your fault and I even paid cash for it !

What am I supposed to do now with all the so-called "studio masters" or CD quality downloads ?

With my new Linn LP12 (+ Sole VII, Audio Origami PU7, and vdH Condor) as they would say in France "il n'y a pas de photo" !

And the funniest thing is that the MC phono stage of my DarTZeel amplifier is, by far, not burned-in yet and the same applies to the PU7 I guess.

Just a few examples:

1. Brahms third symphony (Reiner, Chicago, RCA) on LP (original pressing, bought second hand) is just in another sonic dimension compared to the download. It is simply pointless to tell why. I go to a live concert every other week if you see what I mean.

2. Shostakovich 5th Symphony (Bernstein, New York, CBS) sounds as great as the download but much more "real" and with no congestion.

3. Things don't improve when playing high resolution files. With my upgraded Linn I can listen at a much higher volume with no fatigue, no congestions, nothing but music.

When I just compare records before and after my upgrade I have to rely on my emotions more than on my memory. Well, in Eric Clapton's Just one night, I have never heard the guitars sounding so "liquid". In Genesis "Seconds out" (not the best recording I possess) the drums at the end of the concert are precise, fast and deep as ever. And I could continue endless with similar descriptions.

The other side of the coin is that I am rediscovering my LP's collection and it is a lot of fun.

John & J7, thank you for your great support and after-sale service. I am just counting down the minutes to come back one day to Wales to have my Linn serviced again. And, who knows, maybe I should find some time to come to Scotland as well .... ?

Cheers, Stefano

Looks like Stefano is pretty happy with our goods and service.

John R.

Great write up. Nothing there i can disagree with. My Linn Karik/Numerik is pretty redundant.

Regards
    Steve1ooo

I think this one deserves to be posted in the 3rd party lounge on the Linn forums - that should spice their lives up a little!

Regards

John R.

He should get a proper tt. No, great write up, there's one happy bunny.

+ Reply to Thread