+ Reply to Thread

Thread: got a apple and then some issues!! connecting cables , need help

Smile got a apple and then some issues!! connecting cables , need help

I have I brought a I pad mini , the one with the cellular stuff, .

anyway I am hoping to record some video in the thing , but I have a tascan dr05 recorder that I will record the audio on , so what lead do I need to connect the device or load up the micro sd cards in to the ipad mini ,

I hope I am correct that I can buy some sort of app to import the audio to a video track , ie not use the video from the ipad recording!! , I am new to all this stuff but its not to find proper information out, I have tried google and got no clear advice, do I need some sort of powered hub as well!!

i am hoping the video will be quiet good quality, i know it wont be as good as a dedicated high deff recorder but i like the idea of doing the editing etc all in the same unit,

how do i get the finished video file out to make a dvd ?? a different cable perhaps ?

hope you are all well , i haven't been in hear much really , work is very stresfull at the moment i need to find my mojo , and also need a gig to get out .

Not sure about a mixing/editing app, but to use SD cards with the mini, you'll need an adaptor that slots into the Lightning connector on the bottom, the one you use for charging. But that's all it can do, import photo and video, you'd be better transferring both to you're laptop, and mixing them there, with the supplied usb cable you use for charging, you'll need to install itunes then import video from there. The ipad is not really meant for that, it can do it after a fashion, but you'll be much quicker on a computer.

hello paul ,

thanks for that, I hope you are al well, and enjoying your new house, etc, , I have realized that I will need to import everything over to shirleys lap top to get a mix of audio and video , but I don't think this should be to hard to do , I am looking out some softwear soon I have a friend who has done a few things like this on his computer coming over next couple of days, so I should be up and running soon , thanks again ,

I have been listening to some Marcus miller videos in the youtube recently , he doesent ever seem to put a foot or note wrong, just some great stuff, on there ,

regards

rich

Hello paul , I am just starting out , I do think the video function on the I pad mini is great , but I am still in the early stages with loafing stuff etc and how to up load etc , its easy if you know , of course ,
    The connectors and leads are fortunes , 25 FOR A sd card lead , I will get one soon , but do I need I tunes on the big computer to edit the video ? Iam looking to buy a basic video editor , in physical disk form , my other computter is a samsung , do I get I tunes on non apple stuff , I dont have a account for buying stuff in the big computter , do I need to get a google account or something like that ,?
    I amgoing to try to get a friend to give me a hand ,

I have eventually registered a I cloud something , but I am not sure what or how this works , ibthink its only a 8 gjg , its on my ipod touch , but seems to be the same pass word for the ipad mini,

I got good deal on the ipad I think its the latest its got the phone cellular stuff ob it as well, 16 gig,

130 its in perfect condition with a nice case as well , but the leads are going to cost almost as much .

Need to look in to softwear to do the video and add the sperate audio track along with it , ihave a great tascam dr05 recorder , it has a very small usb , so I might be able to connect it live to video , if not I can pop out the little micro sd card

ideas and suggestions .

regards
    richard

some one did suggest a wifi hot spot , transmitter device but they also seem a fiddle to set up

Regards
    Jb

iDontHaveAClueSorry.

Hi Ritchie

Might be best to deal with this over the phone, PM me your number and I'll see if I can help tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post
    Hello paul , I am just starting out , I do think the video function on the I pad mini is great , but I am still in the early stages with loafing stuff etc and how to up load etc , its easy if you know , of course ,
    The connectors and leads are fortunes , 25 FOR A sd card lead , I will get one soon , but do I need I tunes on the big computer to edit the video ? Iam looking to buy a basic video editor , in physical disk form , my other computter is a samsung , do I get I tunes on non apple stuff , I dont have a account for buying stuff in the big computter , do I need to get a google account or something like that ,?
    I amgoing to try to get a friend to give me a hand ,

I have eventually registered a I cloud something , but I am not sure what or how this works , ibthink its only a 8 gjg , its on my ipod touch , but seems to be the same pass word for the ipad mini,

I got good deal on the ipad I think its the latest its got the phone cellular stuff ob it as well, 16 gig,

130 its in perfect condition with a nice case as well , but the leads are going to cost almost as much .

Need to look in to softwear to do the video and add the sperate audio track along with it , ihave a great tascam dr05 recorder , it has a very small usb , so I might be able to connect it live to video , if not I can pop out the little micro sd card

ideas and suggestions .

regards
    richard

some one did suggest a wifi hot spot , transmitter device but they also seem a fiddle to set up

Regards
    Jb

+ Reply to Thread