+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello

Default hello

been a member for a while , but never posted a thread yet , i live in the north-east of england and enjoy listening to music , having a few 'tinnies' twice a week , walking the dog , and getting together with a small group of good friends for an occasional 'blast' of music . i love lots of types of music , but not modern stuff or x-factor type crap . will post details of my system soon

Welcome talisman. Wide range of music styles appreciated but like you i don't like most of the modern stuff or x-factor stuff. Fair to say that most of us here don't. Maybe we are all a bunch of old fogeys.

Get stuck in m8 and enjoy.

thanks eddie , i'm a 68 year old , old fart i'm afraid who still likes older music , kate bush , james taylor camel , floyd , jennifer warnes etc and lots more inbetween . probably starting tonights session with dire straits and ending with john denver or even al jolson (told you i like older music) i just love a very wide variety of music (and i don't have a technics 1210 i'm afraid)

I'm just a youngster at 48

We are a friendly bunch here. No sniping or one-upmanship. Just a bunch of people interested in music and occasionally hifi.
    Appreciate your taste. I don't have any camel but have heard some of their stuff and enjoyed it. Plenty of Floyd and dire straits. Al Jolson is a bit before my time. I have a CD of Jennifer Warnes collaboration with leonard Cohen.

I like melodic type music. Not too keen on experimental jazz for example.

The rest of the gang will probably be along soon. This is certainly a quiet forum but there are plenty of peeps who will be glad to help if you need hifi advice or just want some music opinions.

Enjoy.

Hi talisman, what's your first name? I did one of those facebook tests that go around, on what's your age according to the music you listen to. I came out at 62 and I'm 55 lol.

I like Dire Straits occasionally. I got tired of listening to them so gave away my albums. Do you have any of Mark Knopfler's solo work?

Welcome Talisman, welcome, we care not what your taste in music is like, we are all different, me I'm the same age as Eddie, but like old and new, latest album bought is the new Chemical Brothers on vinyl.

hi , real name is alf , and no matter how you measure me i'm 68 i have a couple of d/loaded albums from friends of mark knopfler but i find the majority of them (including his latest) very boring and same-sounding . the one that i have on a 'kosher' CD is called 'Wag The Dog' and i recommend you check it out (i love it) ................alf

I find MK's solo stuff a bit boring as well. Will check out Wag the dog.

Some of his earlier solo stuff like "the long road" and theme from local hero are catchy. His later stuff sounds a little contrived IMO.

Blog Entries

Hi Talisman, Welcome
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

+ Reply to Thread