+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PG first 4 albums half speed remastered 45 rpm 2LP

I'm looking forward to receiving the four remastered albums. The video on this page implies they sound a bit special. I think this half-speed method to produce vinyl for home reproduction cannot be bettered unless a brand new method is invented. Of course the digital brigade think differently.

https://store.realworld.co.uk/store/...-bundle-offer/

I have just received a reply from PG.com after a week or so. Apparently they had a very high volume of emails. They said they would refund the cost of the two albums if i purchased the bundle. Unfortunately it has sold out. I have emailed them back asking if it will be back in stock soon.

The bundle still says in stock but everything else is out of stock. They should update the store website correctly. This is precisely why Up went out of print on vinyl so quickly. These remasters aren't even out yet and they're out of stock?

Fair do's to them. They sent me a link with a password so i could purchase the set. Top service.

Looks like the usual fun and games with my deliveries. UPS were going to deliver the 4 LP bundle yesterday but because there'd be no one in, I rescheduled it for today. The website recorded the change and everything appeared hunky dory until this morning. Now the tracking info reports EXCEPTION - package cannot be located.

You remind me somewhat of Unlucky Alf from the Fast Show. At the end of each mishap, he would exclaim, "Oh Boaguh!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMMN7MDSgRE
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Nope, hasn't turned up. What a disappointment.

Just checked the tracking info - what's it doing in Bristol?
    Last edited by TIU; 14th October 2015 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Looks like the usual fun and games with my deliveries. UPS were going to deliver the 4 LP bundle yesterday but because there'd be no one in, I rescheduled it for today. The website recorded the change and everything appeared hunky dory until this morning.
    This sounds awfully familiar..... I got notification yesterday of a delivery today by UKMail. This was accompanied by a link for changing delivery requirements, so I requested the parcel to be left inside our front porch (pretty safe place for us). UKMail's response was to provide a receipt that I had to print off, sign and be sure to leave it in the porch, or they wouldn't leave the parcel.

I arrived home today to discover one of UKMail's "Sorry we missed you" notifications and this card was left ON TOP of the receipt I had left on the floor of the porch!!! I'm effin speechless (without being totally derogatory in a public forum about these clowns), but he did leave the parcel with a neighbour, telling them he couldn't get an answer next door ......

You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

My package is now in Tamworth and will be delivered tomorrow, when I'm not in.

Mine just arrived....the two German lps....I have the rest on classic and some extra I bought in the 80's......will crank em up after tea.

My four albums bundle arrived this afternoon. Luckily Alison was in to sign for it. It took nearly two hours to drive home from work so I'll give these a spin later or maybe tomorrow afternoon. I came back to an email from petergabriel.com, which says the lyric sheet insert for PG2 was not included as it should have been but if you ordered from the real world store, they have managed to include it separately in the package. My insert was in the package. So that means everyone who ordered PG2 from elsewhere won't have the insert. They will have to contact the distributor to receive a copy. There was also a printed note enclosed with the bundle giving the same information.

My copies are numbered: PG1 000914; PG2 004775; PG3 009220; PG4 006687.

Just Played San Jacinto....sounds a bit flat compared to the English version on Classic.

I listened to PG1 last night, albeit at a low volume but my first impression is it doesn't sound a lot different to my original pressing. Now listening to PG2 and it's much better - it sounds far more punchy and has better bass weight and presence. One thing I don't like is the covers. The gatefold covers go all the way through so inserts and the records keep getting caught in the centre, making it impossible to fold them flat. The insert for PG2 is already creased along two sides because it kept dropping past the centre folds.

Record one of PG1 and PG3 are warped, which shouldn't be the case with 200g records so I complained to petergabriel.com and they have asked for a photo of the defect. How do you photograph a slightly warped record?

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Record one of PG1 and PG3 are warped, which shouldn't be the case with 200g records so I complained to petergabriel.com and they have asked for a photo of the defect. How do you photograph a slightly warped record?
    20 second video on your phone as it spins on your TT....? (Or multiple single shots - same thing).

That's what came to mind Gordon. I've sent these videos off to them now. PG1 warp is more severe than PG3. The other six records are fine.

https://youtu.be/9wlZtUwAhAk

https://youtu.be/BKwpoAk2pGE

I forgot to take the budgies out of the room.

Bloody 'eck Gary! They're crap, eh?

Yep. I've been reading bad things about the pressing plant they used. For one thing the shrink wrap is so tight it rounds off the corners of the covers and some of the inner sleeves are split (not mine).

My inner sleeves were split and the corners a little tight but I'm not overly concerned. Only played a little of one of the lps so far as I am still trying to get all the dust from building out of the listening room. Those warps are pretty grim Gary but that fucking shrieking squeak is awful...I never though a warp could cause that....!

Not that it matters but are you sure they are 200g?
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

+ Reply to Thread