+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: PG first 4 albums half speed remastered 45 rpm 2LP

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    AT450E, Glasgow, United Kingdom
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    74134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    I have the 33 rpm So remaster and it sounds very good indeed.
    Interesting. It has an extra song on side 2 and In Your Eyes is at the end of the side. I mind seeing a documentary on the making of the album and them saying they couldn't put that song last due to "the limitations of vinyl" or something...

    Now it's there with less space preceding it.



    James H
    Last edited by james73; 3rd December 2016 at 18:28.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    11,097
    Rep Power
    1792663

    Default

    I don't think vinyl pressing is the art it used to be. I have a 2 LP 180 g by Neil Young and both records are warped.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    AT450E, Glasgow, United Kingdom
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    74134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    I don't think vinyl pressing is the art it used to be. I have a 2 LP 180 g by Neil Young and both records are warped.
    I've lost count the number of new pressings I've bought that are warped or dished or noisy as hell. Given the prices we're being charged
    it really boils my piss.



    James H

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,910
    Rep Power
    209994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james73 View Post
    Interesting. It has an extra song on side 2 and In Your Eyes is at the end of the side. I mind seeing a documentary on the making of the album and them saying they couldn't put that song last due to "the limitations of vinyl" or something...

    Now it's there with less space preceding it.



    James H
    When I bought it it said on the website that it was the original track listing. Then when I get it I find that it's not. Not that bothered really but I prefer in your eyes at the beginning of side 2. Still it does sound noticeably better than my original copy possibly because the original is worn.

    Well worth 14 though.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    AT450E, Glasgow, United Kingdom
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    74134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    When I bought it it said on the website that it was the original track listing. Then when I get it I find that it's not. Not that bothered really but I prefer in your eyes at the beginning of side 2. Still it does sound noticeably better than my original copy possibly because the original is worn.

    Well worth 14 though.
    Good to know it's sounds decent but I've already got the 2x45rpm version.

    I'll likely buy the 2x33⅓rpm versions of Us and Up though, as I thought the 5-sided 45rpm reissues seemed a bit OTT.



    James H

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    140057

    Default

    I bought all the Realworld/Classic Records reissues a few years back which are sublime...I then bought the two German 2x45 albums last year ...cos I love the sound of the German language. Changing sides is a royal PITA. I wonder how these new 33's compare with the Classic Records.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    11,097
    Rep Power
    1792663

    Default

    They should at least be on a par.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,910
    Rep Power
    209994

    Default

    I have just bought US 33rpm remaster. I'll let you know how it sounds when I get it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts