+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My workshop is being demolished.

Blog Entries

Default My workshop is being demolished.

I've been out of action for the last week or two since going to visit my son and his family. I didn't feel too good towards the end of our visit and I've spent most of my time in bed since then. I've been on a bit of a downer too which hadn't helped. I had another MRI scan on Monday and I'll get the results at the end of September when I see my surgeon. To cap it all I've just received the news last night that the workshop I've rented for the last twelve years is to be demolished to make way for a housing development. This is straight out of the blue and really couldn't have come at a worse time for me as I'm not physically fit enough to do jack shit atm. There's also going to be a certain amount of cost involved which I really can't afford right now either. I'm seriously considering just calling it a day and selling all my tools and equipment.
    Tomorrow I'll be on the blower to the landlord to find out what timescale we have and check out what other premises are available.
    Si.

Bugger. Good luck Si, hope things work out.

Blog Entries

Whatever happens in my life the timing is never right. I've put up with this shit for sixty odd years so you'd think I'd be used to it by now The last eighteen months have been the worst and I can't see anything improving for a while. Apologies to you all if that sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself because I bloody well am
    Si.

Thumbs up

best of luck ,its been a shitty year all round we must have something grim in a earlier incarnation . The first 70 years are the worst or so I have been told .
    get well soon
    ray
    many a good tune

Blog Entries

Thanks Ray.

How are bearing up mate? You got over that op on your gut yet? That was some bloody war wound lol.
    Si.

Smile

hi Si
    same old crap down this end ,had to go back in for yet another slice and dice my gut looks like an ordnance survey map and we are discussing naming a ward after me .
    Its been a odd few months with all sorts of family bollocks going on , sometimes I think I should have been neutered at birth as this cradle to grave thing seems to apply to their cradle ..my grave .
    Fortunately things are calming down mainly due to my feigned lack of interest ,but enough of my mithering . Sorry to hear you are rough again ,is it still the same problem ? we must be the health service`s best customers
    . What`s the situation with workshop properties up your end of the country ? .The mate of mine who I rented a garage from locally has just sold of a row of 3 double garages originally built for the local Co Op undertakers , for 850000 , that's gentrification for you
    hope you feel better soon don't give up theres still plenty more shit to be thrown at us maybe some will miss.

all the best
    Ray{optimist 1st class}
    many a good tune

Blog Entries

Haha Ray, you know how to cheer me up matey. Until I had my knees done I could hardly walk on a bad day but I still managed to work and keep my end up. Since then I've been able to do pretty much sweet FA. One doc says it's because I now walk correctly that my back's buggered whilst another says something different. Tbh I think I did it dragging those bloody IMFs downstairs just after I'd had the first knee replacement. Anyway I'm fooked and that's all there is to it.

I've just been on to the landlord and he says we have at least six months, more likely a year before we get the boot. He said if the planning stages have a hiccup or they don't attract a developer it could be two years or more. Anyway I got him to provisionally give us three months notice when the time comes. We'll see. I'm going to put some feelers out next week anyway.

I'm bloody glad I don't live up your end. I don't know how you can afford to breathe at the sort of prices property commands where you are. Thankfully things are a bit cheaper oop north. My 700 sq ft workshop costs me 190 quid a month. Fifty a year for surface water drainage and ninety for the insurance. Leccy is usually a fiver a month. It's a shithole mind but it's a cheap shithole.
    Si.

Sorry to hear about your workshop Si. Hope something else comes along soon.

Blog Entries

Thanks Eddie. This area used to be littered with old mill buildings but there's a big demand for stone, timbers and slate etc. Reclamation is big business today. Wherever you look around here there's vast empty spaces with nothing on them. At least I have some breathing space until I can find something. I might even call it a day
    Si.

Any more news on this Si?

+ Reply to Thread