+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polish LP12 plinth

Default Polish LP12 plinth

So I keep seeing these advertised on eBay, replacement plinths for the Linn Sondek made in Poland. I've had a look about and not seen evidence of anyone using one. They're about a 5th of the price of a genuine Linn one so curiosity got the better of me and I took a punt on an oak model. Figure I'd take the hit for the team as it were

Anyway 90 + postage later and this arrived:Link

First impressions are that it looks well made, the wood is nice also, the polish/stain looks a little cheaper than a genuine model but I guess that when it's all assembled it'll look OK. It looks straight and true. I'm thinking that a furniture / French polisher type of company could make it look ace for not a huge sum, have emailed a few local firms for their opinion.

The original plinth, whilst OK does look a bit 1970's. the current shape is IMO much nicer, so will see what's what, depending upon any polisher responses I'll be swapping the guts over this weekend.

Looks ok. For that price you can't complain. The polish (excuse the pun) doesn't look quite as good as a Henk plinth for example but a bit of work and it should look ace.

I thought you were asking advice on how best to polish your plinth.

Nope. It does look nice as is, just thought it might be of interest. 😛

OK I guess you get what you pay for, although not tried assembly yet I put my Trampolin on it to test the fit, looks like that the plinth is slightly too wide and slightly too short for it to fit properly. Will need a slight trim to get it to fit. If the top plate fits right then it won't matter I guess but less pleased now.

PICTURE

That said I've not tried to fit this on the existing plinth so don't know whether a trim to fit is common.

+ Reply to Thread