+ Reply to Thread

Thread: better amp on the look out

Default better amp on the look out

So I had a mate over yesterday , some tunes and a beer , we both got very basic systems , he got most of his from the charity shop and from a skip , but I am sure a amp up grade might be very worthwhile for my system ,

so hear it is I run this old kenwood 2030 special edition thing, in to these old sonys not so loud thesedays , but happy to hear from anyonein hear who might have a amp there looking to part with however , I have as a absolute max 200 beer vouchers, if I could have kept them I would have been driving things with my old H and H 900 watt mosfett amps it was great for stereo duties, I know it sounds bonkers, anyway those days are gone , but imight just find a little bargain in hear , hindsight is a real shocker as I have bounced quiet a few very good amps , just moving things along, the big alchamist comes to mind amon many , it could just be a power amp as I have a old rotel pre, I could use , but would rather aa integrted not worried about remote , but do like a tone control or two ,

regards jb

You just missed out on my Sony 690ES integrated. Mosfet power stage, 95W, MM and MC phono, tone controls, headphone, gold plated inputs, etc etc. I practically gave it away on ebay because I was too mean to pay the 6.00-odd reserve price fee and started it at 0.99p. With 37 watchers I expected a flurry of bids towards the end but no such luck. It went to a local guy for about 69.00. So my plan to replace it with something half decent has been scuppered.

That sounds like the sort thing , any way I will get alook this weekend , jb

If the budget is not to exceed 200 I would be looking for a Quad 303 or Quad 306. Both can be easily serviced by anyone who can wield a soldering iron and are still supported by Quads service department in Huntingdon. You may even find a fully serviced one within budget. I have both and would not part with either.
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

+ Reply to Thread