+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RB 300

Default RB 300

Hi there.this is my first post and I would just like to say that the RB 300 that John rewired for me is sounding tremendous.i had the internal wire done a while back and then got the external done.was like night and day.so thanks again Mr J7 and for being patient while I asked you 1001 questions ha ha ( Joe from Saltcoats)

Currently,I have a Nagaoka MP11 (Stilton ) attached.i got it last week.it's brand new old stock.the combination of this and the arm is really singing.i believe it's better than the stock nag mp11.i know it's a budget cart,but I think it's a giant killer.great bottom end.nice mids.sometime I may put a mp200 stylus in it. ( it will fit won't it?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Welcome to the forum. Yes j7 is a bit of a guru when it comes to anything turntable related. Don't know about the mp200 stylus but j7 may know.

Thanks dude

Dude lol.

What tt is it? I was in Saltcoats in the summer. Nice place, not too touristy.

Blog Entries

hi joe

looking good

im not sure the mp200 stylis will fit ...but i would guess it would
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Ah,it's run down now sadly..like most small seaside towns....classic Rega Planar 3...bought it on E.bay about 6 years ago and this was the cart that came with it.when I saw a brand new old stock Stilton mp11 for sale two weeks ago,I snapped it up.sounds great.probably about 30 years old and never near a deck..as far as I'm led to believe,Stilton Audio modified several carts back in the day..out the game now I think?

Cheers John

I had a Planar 3 for a while. Can't fault it really, a terrific deck.

They sure are.properly isolated,they can sing.

My RP3/RB303 has a Nagaoka MP110 fitted, and I'm very happy with it, accurate bass - to my ears, anyway, very easy to listen to (just enjoying Elgar Cello concerto/DuPre), very involving. Not sure how much of whether it'll be a imprvement from your Stilton, but if budget is restricted, it's a great buy.
    That said, as well as having the arm rewired/checked by J7, I'm considering an upgrade to an MP200, which has a Boron cantilever, so is said to be better at recovering more detail.

That will be a worthwhile upgrade.

My aim is to achieve something as good as a Rega RP6, but cheaper.

Geoffers44
    Welcome to the forum

A friend is looking for a TT and I had seen an Rega Planar 3 , RB 300 and an AT OC 9 only 50 hours and is looks too bee an bargain if you ask me , he ask aprox 360 Pounds !!!

What do you Think of this price....for an really good TT for many years

The nearest i have been too this category is an Super Oak with an Forsell Air arm.

/L
    Tangerine Audio Stiletto, Plateau, Skorpion, SME V ( D ), Dynavector DRT XV 1S, Chord Signature Tuned Aray, Linn Cirkus, Linn Radikal Klimax, Tranquility
    https://www.linnarts.se

If it's got an RB300 arm, it will be the model before the RP3, but stil good for some years, and the OC9 is a cartridge I'm not familiar with, but looks like a good match, so bearing in mind the cost of the OC9, it's priced reasonably. Also, there's scope for upgrading with J7's mods to the tonearm, and a metal subplatter.
    Hope it works out well for you.

+ Reply to Thread