+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ittok azimut ajustement

Quote Originally Posted by garylb View Post
    Should I reglue headshell now that my cartridge is all setup. Would this make a difference as per Linn rigidity statement. If I reglue what glue should I use and can it be unglued if I change cartridge....
    An adjusteble azimuth on an Ittok
    Keep that m8 you my need it on the ladder up against good carts

/L
    Tangerine Audio Stiletto, Plateau, Skorpion, SME V ( D ), Dynavector DRT XV 1S, Linn Cirkus, Linn Radikal Klimax.
    https://www.linnarts.se

It's a pity that this thread can't be linked to on the linn forum after the bashing j7 got there for a so called poor repair of an ekos,will show the idiots over there that not everything linn do is so perfect after all,pity we can't post pics of distorted welded subs, misaligned/distorted not welded subs(both original type and later epoxy bonded braced ones)and to top it off sub platters where the spindle/bearing has fallen out of(we had that happen to a few at dealers I worked at !):-I wonder if the very vociferous few who slag everybody who ever questions anything linn would defend these shortcomings?

It won't make any difference. Let them get on with it because j7 is doing things the right way by letting his work do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable Monkey View Post
    It won't make any difference. Let them get on with it because j7 is doing things the right way by letting his work do the talking.

Nail, squarely hit on the head CM! And they know it on the Linn forums.

Quote Originally Posted by John R View Post
    And on another note, J7 the Akito you repaired the sticky bearings on is now performing faultlessly, rarely have I heard an Akito 1 perform so well, tis a Godlike one now - Top Man!!!
    I have one waiting for me boxed.... In light of J7's terminology above I'll christen it the AK-7 tonearm.... I'm using a slightly less J7 modded Akito, , wonderful arm.

And it can take any size cartridge now, which is a huge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ahabec View Post
    I have one waiting for me boxed.... In light of J7's terminology above I'll christen it the AK-7 tonearm.... I'm using a slightly less J7 modded Akito, , wonderful arm.

And it can take any size cartridge now, which is a huge bonus.

I guess J7 has removed the head shell lead plug and direct wired from the arm base then? If so it makes total sense!

Quote Originally Posted by John R View Post
    I guess J7 has removed the head shell lead plug and direct wired from the arm base then? If so it makes total sense!
    Yeah I remember at the time I wanted the arm to look "original" and J7 convinced me to get rid of that extra connection point. I have never encountered a problem aligning any cartridge and only later read on the Linn forums of people having issues aligning some carts in the Ekos, where the headshell is (I think) of a similar size. I don't know why they changed from Ittok size to Akito/Ekos size. Maybe to force people to fit the Linn cartridges? I wouldn't put it past them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ahabec View Post
    Yeah I remember at the time I wanted the arm to look "original" and J7 convinced me to get rid of that extra connection point. I have never encountered a problem aligning any cartridge and only later read on the Linn forums of people having issues aligning some carts in the Ekos, where the headshell is (I think) of a similar size. I don't know why they changed from Ittok size to Akito/Ekos size. Maybe to force people to fit the Linn cartridges? I wouldn't put it past them

how perceptive of u matey....u put forward a good question there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIXmFL9ckGE

:0
    Last edited by j7; 24th February 2017 at 23:01.
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Quote Originally Posted by j7 View Post
    how perceptive of u matey....u put forward a good question there :0
    linn started along that line years ago,they even used thinner was than norm at the time cartridge and arm pins so at the time only headshell leads from themselves would fit properly on the asak and ittok!

Quote Originally Posted by steve195527 View Post
    linn started along that line years ago,they even used thinner was than norm at the time cartridge and arm pins so at the time only headshell leads from themselves would fit properly on the asak and ittok!
    Ha! This explains why I needed to crimp the ends of the arm leads J7 made for me when fitting an Asaka and to rewiden them when I moved to another cart. Didn't know that.

Fitting that one of their current production models is called sneaky

linns goal for a long time has been to try and "coax"(that is the kind way of putting it)folk to have to buy other linn products to be compatible with linn products they already own,3 cartridge bolts,thin pins on arms and carts,small(short) headshells,spring rates on the lp12,all these things are not coincidental that they suit using other linn products with better than competitors products!

Blog Entries

surely linn would not limit customer choices?

LOLOLOLOLOL
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Quote Originally Posted by j7 View Post
    surely linn would not limit customer choices?

LOLOLOLOLOL
    yes sir ivor is a really nice guy who loves competition from other manufactures and hasn't changed the claims/goals he has made about the lp12 in all it's years,some of this post should not be taken as being truthful !

He's probably not worried in the slightest about the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    He's probably not worried in the slightest about the competition.
    Yep,prob doesn't give a toss about anybody

+ Reply to Thread