+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dynavector XV-1S

I think you're right, but until I'd heard the Kaitora Rua, and heard that 'performance', other Dynavectors (to me) sounded like other similar cartridges but different. After hearing the Rua, I felt I had to hear what the XV-1s could do to justify its price. When I did, it was a no brainer. Here was the sound I've been trying to get to for 40 years. The Rua is excellent for its price, and people should have a listen to it if they are in the Ortofon Cadenza, Benz Micro, Linn Krystal bracket.

I didn't think it was possible to get that wow from a cartridge. I thought you would just get more detail, more accuracy, more control by moving up the price range.

I also think people are almost 'brainwashed' to stick to a brand, or are frightened to change and don't explore the possibilities. Better the devil you know syndrome.

Without erring into other forum territory, my dealer is a Linn dealer (amongst other top brands) and he thought the xv-1s was 'sensational' in my PU7.

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    I think you're right, but until I'd heard the Kaitora Rua, and heard that 'performance', other Dynavectors (to me) sounded like other similar cartridges but different. After hearing the Rua, I felt I had to hear what the XV-1s could do to justify its price. When I did, it was a no brainer. Here was the sound I've been trying to get to for 40 years. The Rua is excellent for its price, and people should have a listen to it if they are in the Ortofon Cadenza, Benz Micro, Linn Krystal bracket.

I didn't think it was possible to get that wow from a cartridge. I thought you would just get more detail, more accuracy, more control by moving up the price range.

I also think people are almost 'brainwashed' to stick to a brand, or are frightened to change and don't explore the possibilities. Better the devil you know syndrome.

Without erring into other forum territory, my dealer is a Linn dealer (amongst other top brands) and he thought the xv-1s was 'sensational' in my PU7.
    to be honest any dealer worth his salt should be honest about how good a product that he hears is,most good dealers don't always criticise in the hope of instilling reservations in folk about stuff they own just to get sales,I know some do of course

Thanx SquiredC
    This was the answer i was looking for itīs much appricated.
    Does anyone drives this cart in a Sme V ?

/L
    NO ONE : Tangerine Audio Stiletto, Plateau, Skorpion, SME V ( D ), DV DRT XV 1S, Chord Sign Tuned Aray, Cirkus, Radikal Klimax, Tranquility.
    NO LINN : Woodsong, PEEK, SSP 12, AI bobbin https://www.linnarts.se

Just joined this club and it sounds incredible gooood, mount it yesterday

/L
    NO ONE : Tangerine Audio Stiletto, Plateau, Skorpion, SME V ( D ), DV DRT XV 1S, Chord Sign Tuned Aray, Cirkus, Radikal Klimax, Tranquility.

Quote Originally Posted by SME V View Post
    Just joined this club and it sounds incredible gooood, mount it yesterday

/L
    Did you get the XV-1S? I have the XX2 Mk2 and its good so i would imagine the 1S would be amazing (especially at that price!).

Yes , itīs a wonderful cart - especially at that price yes.
    XX2 mk2 is a wery good cart to , have heard it a sevral times on my friends Well Tempered and it sounds wery good.

/L

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    Did you get the XV-1S? I have the XX2 Mk2 and its good so i would imagine the 1S would be amazing (especially at that price!).
    Yes, the xv-1s is amazing at bringing out the details. Since it's this time of year, I played one of my old Christmas Carol LP's, and on the "Shepherds watched their flocks at night", at about 11o'clock on the listening stage, you could hear the sheep in the distance. Better still, a little later, over on the right speaker, you could hear someone near the farmer's jeep siphoning off the diesel. Remarkable!!

Yes itīs Amazing and as i do love to hear Maggie Timmins in Cowboy Junkies - The Cautions horses, this was a new prominent of her and i could Count here teeths and see what she has eat at breakfast.
    Itīs is an wery good cart and itīs brings out more informations than i ewer heard on my records before and i have a new record Collection again !

/L

Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    Better still, a little later, over on the right speaker, you could hear someone near the farmer's jeep siphoning off the diesel. Remarkable!!
    Should have got the XVS 1T you would have been able to tell if it was red diesel or duty paid stuff

Think i must get one XVS 1 T next christmas <<<- and a new detachable headshell so i can switch from 1 S, so I can hear that. <;-> HO HO
    Sit today and played some records and itīs a remarkable cart and it takes it all in front and donīt leave nothing behind.

/L

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Should have got the XVS 1T you would have been able to tell if it was red diesel or duty paid stuff
    It cost me one bollock to get the 1S. Prising the purse out of my wife's fingers.
    It might be worth becoming a eunuch for. I need my kidneys.

You only need 1 kidney too though

Its a wonderful cart and cost an fortune

Played Linda Ronstadt the other day and she always sounded little an flat but now she sounded big and round in her new performance too me , but she always had little and tiny body as ive been seeing her on the record sooooo wtf is going on.......

/L

Good pair of lungs?

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Good pair of lungs?
    Definitely not a "Flat Earth" presentation then.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

she has been very ill for the last few years with Parkinson's disease,she says it has stopped her being able to sing,great pity for her and her fans,horrible illness that isn't researched as much as it should be

+ Reply to Thread