+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello folks

Default Hello folks

Just joined after seeing the kangaroo court the Professor encountered elsewhere. All I can say is that some people are clearly delusional. Reminds me of a passage from Through The Looking Glass:

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

Maybe "Humpty" is a good name for a certain someone.

Hi there, we're a friendly bunch here, with no hidden agendas, that can make it a bit quiet at times, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Please feel free to join in.

Cheers, Professor. Like you, I feel dealers have been very useful in my hifi adventures. I enjoyed the logic and eloquence of your arguments. I hope other members who saw the way you were treated will take a long hard look at themselves and ask if they really want to be judged by the company they keep. I feel strongly that to remain silent in the face of a bully is to condone their behaviour and strengthen their resolve. The guy likening Mr Dunn to Marco was right in a way, but even Marco hasn't come across as ridiculously petulant in a long time. Clearly losing the argument and the vote hich he created was just too much for him. I particularly liked the way he decided a vote in favour of dealers was a sign of movement in his direction. Peter Mandelson would've been proud of that bit of spin.

Thanks for the support, and to the others who dared speak against his agenda.

I'm not bothered about the ban, I'm more disgusted by his hypocrisy, he is happy for people to be there who support his agenda, he wants arguments and discussion, but only if it's something he agrees with, if he can't argue the holes in his argument he deletes your posts, or edits them, then rewrites history when you have no right of reply.

I put all the evidence here, on the NVA thread, not because I care that much, but just taking a leaf out of RD's book, it's how he deals withe the hypocrites he talks about.

Anyway enough about them, get stuck in to the rest of the place.

Cheers Professor. Will do. Just seen a lovely Elite Rock thread. Great turntable IMHO.

Jesus , didn't realise that you got judged by the forums you post on

This episode reminds me of that programme on child geniuses . The children in it are obviously clever but sometimes lack emotional intelligence and are prone to petulance , I make this observation at both protagonists . Seems to me a rule of tinterweb that forum owners cannot peacefully exist on another forum dedicated to the same topic .

Most of what you said was IMO fair comment from your perspective , I do not agree with it [all] but fair comment it was . However some was churlish and petulant . eg - "amplifier builder of some repute, according to him."

Truth is , the RD and NVA have been building amplifiers with a world wide reputation for excellent sound quality for decades , self promotion is not something he needs to rely on .
    Last edited by Daniel Quinn; 21st March 2016 at 10:18.

Daniel

The comments on here are a direct result of Richards actions, I tried to argue properly with him, but he's too embittered, and when he can't argue back he starts deleting stuff, the irony, my comments wouldn't be there normally, I'd just say fuck him, but given he has a section EWOTW or what ever acronym he's using, for talking about forum owners and their rewriting of history, it only seems fair to emulate that to show what a hypocrite he really is. Yes his amps are fine, but they are just amps, to hear Richard go on about them as if they were the cure for cancer.

Care to comment on Richards stance that all this is an 'an attack on me/us' as all of a sudden because I call him out for being a hypocrite I'm suddenly attacking NVA/RD/all his forum members. He does this all the time, when someone dislikes Richards behaviour he transposes this as an attack on the little NVA community he thinks he's singlehandedly built up.

No I am only talking about RD, the mans a fruitcake, and a hypocrite. But don't let the truth get in the way of Richards rewriting of history

ps I'm not a forum owner, this is Kennys forum. Just got the record like.

oops Apologies .

I didn't take sides and I don't intend to .

I only ever comment only on what people post , this dispute extends beyond what you have both posted and extends to personalities . Whilst a textual analysis from me as to which elements were correct and incorrect would be illuminating and definitive , it would serve no purpose.

Paul, the NVA thread is locked so without unlocking it, posting and locking it again, I'm curious as to how your disagreement with RD started. The deleting and editing of posts, the strikes and ban came after so what did you post first?

Edited to say, looking at the tools, I don't think I can unlock it anyway.
    Last edited by TIU; 21st March 2016 at 23:54.

+ Reply to Thread