+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Badge of honour? Banned from Linn forums!!

Default Badge of honour? Banned from Linn forums!!

Aye that's correct !

We along with some of our more vociferous customers have been banned from the Linn forums for simply SPEAKING THE TRUTH !

In response we have made this announcement on our web pages…

We wish to announce that Linn have seen fit to ban us from their forums! They have even banned some of our customers!! How pathetic is that ?

It appears we have troubled them to such a degree that we cannot now even read misguided information that is being passed on to their devoted blinkered followers and potential customers, simply because we constantly challenge their historic and extremely contradictory mantra. Well so be it.

We are still here to help those of you who will not or cannot pay their absurd prices...

John R

They obviously don't like the thought of competition. Idiots.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Oh dear. Naughty naughty!

You'll probably get more customers as a result

Rep added
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

Linn ceased to be relevant 20 years ago. They will be left talking to themselves soon.

Linn who ??

Are they anything to do with the Linn Drum?

Thank you friends and allies.

I've had a message from one of our customers wondering if he should post the fact that playing the Roy Orbison hit Running Scarred on his Sole'd and PU7'd not quite a Linn Sondek was the best rendition he's ever heard - should go down a hoot on their LP12 forum said I

He'll also get barred. That's sacrilege.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Oh dear i`ll really miss John bear baiting on there. Made the place much more interesting rather than the endless droning on "only tune dem matters".
    Steve1ooo
    LINN LP12/CIRCUS/Sole MK VI /LINGO/ A/O PU7/Audio Ortofon Cadaenza Bronze
    Trichord Diablo+NCPS, Icon Audio stereo 40 MK 111 , Acoustic Energy radiance two.

Well I've complained to them regarding this ridiculous behaviour.

Linn have responded requesting further information, I've provided information in relation to my view of events, I have also suggested where this is all stemming from. We'll await to see what transpires. Either they'll be mature with respect to all of this and reinstate me, or they'll maintain the ban which will be viewed by many as childish and extremely petty.

Your support in requesting my reinstatement to the Linn forums would be greatly appreciated guys !

Difficult question John. Why do you want to be on there if you don't agree with them and their products?

Hi Gary.

Basically because it's fun and also a window on my/our (my wife is also part of the business) view of reality. We offer products that are as good as or even superior to Linn's for far less cost and this is backed up by hundreds of customers viewpoints, not just our own.. Many customers of ours are musicians and sound engineers so that adds kudos.

Many who look into the Linn forums are not besotted with the marque - they do so for hints, tips, potential links and information.

It's only the totally blinkered on there who pat each other on the back almost constantly with their (usually) official Linn upgrades or else stupidly priced " semi official" (read Cymbiosis approved) upgrades and this makes me laugh, so there's alway the comedy element to membership.

To my mind it's a certain Linn dealer who's behind all this because he does not have a means of challenging my viewpoint as I can shoot it down constantly and it rankles him because I'm like a fly he can't swat. Of course he's ably assissted by some of his more blinkered lovies.
    Last edited by John R; 25th March 2016 at 11:13.

I posted a few years ago asking for advice of adding an Ittock to an Axis deck, I was told not to be so silly, the axis was not good enough for the Ittock, apparently Ivor did;t design it that way (did Ivor actually design anything?) anyway the sheep basically laughed at me, the deck was no use, and never intended for the Ittock, shows you how much they knew, not only did the deck sound better with the attack, there was already a 95% hole drilled in the subchassis for the arm rest, like most forums its mostly full of tossers, well the prolific posters that is.

Totally agree Prof..

Linn forum members (the blinkered ones that is) are the least knowledgeable "audiophiles" I have ever come across, but I suppose this is only to be expected when they leave it all to their dealers and steadfastly refuse to accept there is another way (and another world) outside of Linn. FGS "flat earth" was cast asunder decades back.

Looks like it's banning month. Where can I get banned from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Looks like it's banning month. Where can I get banned from?
    don't tempt me...
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Hello lurker. I could post about it on another forum and piss 'em off even more.

The posters on the Linn forum come across like adolescents. It's scary that some of them must have responsible jobs to generate the income required to join the cult. I hope they behave differently in real life. Could someone suggest a forehead tattoo of the Linn logo to identify them to the sane folks who encounter them?

They would probably contemplate that suggestion and use it as an initiation to keep out the non-believers, or should that be "Linnfidels". That name will probably be right up their street, but it's one I'd wear as a badge of courage
    Last edited by Oddjob; 26th March 2016 at 10:27.
    In the afternoon of my life

They certainly do Oddjob.

I like Linfidels too

+ Reply to Thread