+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Badge of honour? Banned from Linn forums!!

This has developed into an interesting read, with some intelligent, sensible and rational opinions being offered.

It's nice to know that there are many individuals out there who venture into hi-fi as a means to an end, knowing that much of the bollux that is spoken is truly subjective and most of the kit is "just engineering", whether it's electronic or mechanical.

Reading about what goes on in some other forums definitely leaves me "flabbering my ghast"
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

I'll respond in more detail when I have time guys.. Interesting regarding the bearing. So if we install a Linn LP12 bearing into an AR Legend we'll have a TT that will be as good as an LP12 itself perhaps!

Why oh why do some people think the LP12 bearing is the dogs dangles? There's excellent examples of great bearings in many manufacturer's TT's, the source being a superb example along with the Voyd's - both massively engineered with superb precision and longevity to boot!

But they don't have the Linn badge.

I liked the Axis Professor, certainly better than the Linn crowd think of it today. Your Ittok example is a typical example of the confusion and misinformation that goes around which is usually far from reality.

But remember those parts need to be sprinkled with the special component only Linn dealers have access to before being built into the LP12 hehe ... bollocks marketing hype just like tune dem which if you don't accept as the only way it's because you don't understand it or the method ... oh dear!

Your posts remind me of a science fiction novel by A.E. Van Vogt, originally titled the Wizard of Linn, somehow you need the rest of the title, such as;

The Wizard of Linn: Part 1 The House of Bamboozle.
    The Wizard of Linn: Part 2 The Grand Halls of Smoke and Mirrors.
    The Wizard of Linn: Part 3 Paradox Found, The Tune Dem Illusion

Very good Professor that made me laugh and think of Animal Farm the Linn Forum version where David Williamson is Napoleon the chief pig who has a pack of attack dogs in the form of Linn devotees.

Point in case, the dogs in action today ; how dare someone suggest a lowly Rega rp10 might match the might of the LP12, incidentally the attack dog can't even say he has heard an rp10 but im sure he's thinking Napoleon and the other dogs would be so proud of his efforts! I really need to accept i'm sidelined and move on

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=30871

Quote Originally Posted by John R View Post
    Aye that's correct !

We along with some of our more vociferous customers have been banned from the Linn forums for simply SPEAKING THE TRUTH !

In response we have made this announcement on our web pages…

We wish to announce that Linn have seen fit to ban us from their forums! They have even banned some of our customers!! How pathetic is that ?

It appears we have troubled them to such a degree that we cannot now even read misguided information that is being passed on to their devoted blinkered followers and potential customers, simply because we constantly challenge their historic and extremely contradictory mantra. Well so be it.

We are still here to help those of you who will not or cannot pay their absurd prices...

John R
    here you go , I have re-wrriten this for you without the anger , borderline defamation and the possibility of alienating potential customers .

Regrettably we are required to announce ,that we have been banned from the Linn forums without reason or justification. We have attempted to have this unreasonable ban rescinded, but Linn remain incommunicado.

It would not be fanciful to suggest that this unreasonable and unjustified course of action is motivated by the fact that we Analogue Innovation offer advice, knowledge and products for the LP12 that offer tangible benefits and better sound quality at a fraction of the cost of those offered by Linn.

Whilst we are disappointed in what we consider to be a draconian decision premised upon commercial expediency at the expense of the real interest of LP 12 users , we will always be here to help enthusiasts looking for real upgrades at reasonable prices .

-----
    merely my view as always, others will undoubtedly disagree
    Last edited by Daniel Quinn; 28th April 2016 at 16:39.

Brilliant Daniel, an example of turning a negative to a positive, managing to use it to promote your service, keeping it non personal, and making AI look like the good guy, and Linn look like the villains, John would do well to copy that to replace his initial communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Quinn View Post
    here you go , I have re-wrriten this for you without the anger , borderline defamation and the possibility of alienating potential customers .

Regrettably we are required to announce ,that we have been banned from the Linn forums without reason or justification. We have attempted to have this unreasonable ban rescinded, but Linn remain incommunicado.

It would not be fanciful to suggest that this unreasonable and unjustified course of action is motivated by the fact that we Analogue Innovation offer advice, knowledge and products for the LP12 that offer tangible benefits and better sound quality at a fraction of the cost of those offered by Linn.

Whilst we are disappointed in what we consider to be a draconian decision premised upon commercial expediency at the expense of the real interest of LP 12 users , we will always be here to help enthusiasts looking for real upgrades at reasonable prices .

-----
    merely my view as always, others will undoubtedly disagree

If you take out the unnecessary commas and put some in where they are needed.

Dan has a PM from moi Gents.

Indeed, a welcome lesson in how to do things just so !

Is he a consultant now?

Keep 'em sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Is he a consultant now?
    Dan and I share a remarkably similar respect for certain speakers, amps, cables and modifications Gary.

I'm entirely grateful for his welcome help today.

Kind regards.

John.

Just my warped sense of humour John, ignore me. I hope the pangs of not being able to post on the Linn forum have subsided.

How can, or why would anyone want to ignore you Gary?

You are a breath of fresh air m8 !

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    deck without arm was 43 in the mid 70's
    that was for just the chassis version,without plinth,with an sme arm mounted in a plinth it was around 110
    Linn also sold the lp12 originally through a number of discount type shops,Hardman Radio in Manchester had rakes of them on their shelves,just after it started being sold as the lp12(renamed from the rd11:-same tt new name!)they sold it to you boxed for you to unpack and "set up" yourself:-so much for the black magic back then
    The shop I worked at sold the rd11:-pre linn(2 switch version) the linn and rd 11 which identical for a short while,both 2 switch versions(we had a stock of rd11's) then sold the linn and rd11 both with red led rocker switches(rd11 was turned 90 deg compared to the linn) and the rd11 then had a clutch on the motor and a captive ball main bearing,was still 33rpm only at first then became 33+45 after about 9months.at that time the rd11 was by a few pounds the more expensive of the 2

Quote Originally Posted by steve195527 View Post
    that was for just the chassis version,without plinth,with an sme arm mounted in a plinth it was around 110
    Linn also sold the lp12 originally through a number of discount type shops,Hardman Radio in Manchester had rakes of them on their shelves,just after it started being sold as the lp12(renamed from the rd11:-same tt new name!)they sold it to you boxed for you to unpack and "set up" yourself:-so much for the black magic back then
    The shop I worked at sold the rd11:-pre linn(2 switch version) the linn and rd 11 which identical for a short while,both 2 switch versions(we had a stock of rd11's) then sold the linn and rd11 both with red led rocker switches(rd11 was turned 90 deg compared to the linn) and the rd11 then had a clutch on the motor and a captive ball main bearing,was still 33rpm only at first then became 33+45 after about 9months.at that time the rd11 was by a few pounds the more expensive of the 2
    no the one I saw was a receipt in the original box, for an a full on LP12, only thing I'm vague on was exact date. It might have been a discounted price though, but it was bought in Scotland, although can't remember which city never mind which dealer

Could have been a mate's rate or for one component. Thought about sidelining as a Medium? 'I see a receipt, can't make out the year but do the letters LP and 12 mean anything to you?'
    Last edited by TIU; 2nd May 2016 at 23:38.

As good as any i'd say ... likely a good price too and in nice condition for age going by the pics. Light and rigid, just like my wallet

+ Reply to Thread