+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transfiguration Axia

Default Transfiguration Axia

I have a Transfig Axia for sale with less than 300 hours on it, looking for 600 or ono.
    Attached Images

your picture does not do the axia justice , it is a lovely thing , it is far better looking than my ZYX RC 30 II l .

it is also a bargain - 34% of current uk price (1500)

And IMO it has what all good moving coils should have, a boron cantilever with fine line diamond mounted on the end , so much better that an aluminium L shaped tube with a diamomd liz taylor would be proud of shoved through a hole near the end .
    Last edited by Daniel Quinn; 4th May 2016 at 16:58.

I had the Transfig Phoenix. Excellent cartridge. Only replaced when it wore out.

2466 for something that wares out , boy I am glad I have 4 kids .

Lots of things wear out. Tyres, engines, even records wear out. I got 6 years plus out of it so i'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Quinn View Post
    your picture does not do the axia justice , it is a lovely thing , it is far better looking than my ZYX RC 30 II l .

And IMO it has what all good moving coils should have, a boron cantilever with fine line diamond mounted on the end , so much better that an aluminium L shaped tube with a diamomd liz taylor would be proud of shoved through a hole near the end .
    I had to take the photo with my video camera, my mobby has a better camera but free pic resizer wouldn't covert it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    Lots of things wear out. Tyres, engines, even records wear out. I got 6 years plus out of it so i'm not complaining.
    I have the Proteus now, cracking cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by evoslug View Post
    I have the Proteus now, cracking cartridge
    Nice one.

couldn't have put it better myself

2466 for something that wares out , boy I am glad I have 4 kids .
    Oh dear. I'm sure what Eddie decides to buy in no way affects you daniel, apart from posting like that.

PS. it's wears out.

"O Lord please don't let me be misunderstood , Im just a poor boy whose intentions are good"

O dear tiu , I was being self deprecating not critiquing Mr Spaghettis purchasing decisions . As the father of 4 children the youngest who is 2 , I will be dead before I am able to spend 2.5k on a cartridge and I was thanking the existence of my children from making such purchasing decisions beyond my empirical experience now and forever

So it's 2466 for something that gives a great deal of pleasure, not simply something that 'wares' out. I guess you were reminding yourself of that fact. How long can a good stylus last anyway?

As the father of 4 children the youngest who is 2
    Blimey, my youngest is 24 this year!

evo, sorry for crapping on your sale thread. I'll remove the posts if you ask.
    Last edited by TIU; 5th May 2016 at 13:28.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Blimey, my youngest is 24 this year!

evo, sorry for crapping on your sale thread. I'll remove the posts if you ask.
    No that's OK, I don't mind in the slightest��

+ Reply to Thread