+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Default Brexit

Would you Adam and Eve it, Ivor's for going it alone.

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/audience_giffnock
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

I may even be agreeing with him.

When I see the lies and scaremongering it brings back shades of 2014, when I see who wants to keep us in, that gives me all the reason I need to vote the opposite. We won't lose trade, as it stands at the moment we buy more from them than they buy from us, they can't afford to stop trading. Our Navy can then get back to patrolling our fishing waters. Simple on the face of it I know, I have other reasons, but can't be arsed typing them out via an iPad.

My dad is now worried that he won't be able to bring back loads of wine anymore without being frisked at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    My dad is now worried that he won't be able to bring back loads of wine anymore without being frisked at the border.
    They'll not need to frisk him to spot 50 cases. . . .
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    They'll not need to frisk him to spot 50 cases. . . .
    It was meant to be a joke

Seriously though, it is a bit worrying. My dad is Italian and he was shouting the odds well before the referendum about all the problems he'll have if they leave.
    Last edited by eddie spaghetti; 25th June 2016 at 18:25.

I think the vote was stuff all to do with immigration, money etc, people are just sick of politicians and politics, it was more a vote for change.

Some of the stuff I've read from those who voted to remain is the most disgusting snobbery I have come across they think that they have all the knowledge and those that voted to leave are somehow not smart enough to be given the vote. It was democracy in action, deal with it. Instead of mocking folk applaud the bravery of those who voted for change.

The EEC was set up as a trade agreement, over the years it has grown arms and legs and become a political body dictating what it liked and was seemingly unaccountable to any sovereignty, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intention 40 years ago.

As for immigration, it may or may not affect things, but most normal UK citizens welcome immigration, but only from those who are willing to come here, work here, pay taxes and be part of society. What we don't want are the economic migrants who are only here for benefits and taking what they can get while offering nothing in return, and those with abhorrent criminal records for violent crimes etc. Normal folk be it from Europe or the rest of the world are welcome. I don't heare anyone branding the Canadians or Australians racists for their immigration criteria. Now wether an out vote will change that is still to be determined, but at least there is now a chance, keeping the status quo was never a good idea.

People in the UK voted for change, instead of whingeing about it, we need to make the best of it, in fact we should embrace it as an opportunity to change our antiquated parliamentary system, to something that is more open and honest and reflects the needs of the whole of the U.K. and not the affluent South East.
    Last edited by The Professor; 25th June 2016 at 19:17.

Excellent post Paul. Whats done is done so lets just crack on with it.

I think now the lead has been taken the floodgates will open across Europe. We will see.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Very eloquently put Paul and I couldn't agree more.

Most of the 'Out' individuals I spoke to voiced similar views regarding 'need for change' and the fact that politicians need to be reminded that they are there to work for the people who elected them. The outcome of this referendum should give us the opportunity to improve ourselves as a nation and take complete control, something we have been without for a very long time now!

People appear to lose sight of the fact that many products that originated in this country now get reimported form China, a country that we do not have a Trade Agreement with (and isn't part of the EU!), but doesn't prevent the purchase of said good in the UK. . . think Dyson, Tannoy, Wharfedale amongst many others.

Nuff said.

Incidentally:

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    It was meant to be a joke
    So was my comment. . . .
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

The problem with the EU is that there are too many pen pushers in Brussels who took it upon themselves to impose laws on other countries within the EU and that they are unelected by those countries. They wanted a super state and that is what irked the British public the most. If the politicians in Brussels hadn't been so zealous then brexit probably wouldn't have happened.

The EU should have been solely an economic union to begin with at least, which it was ie the EEC. Breaking down borders was a desirable follow on but the politicians in Brussels took it one step too far and imposed laws that were undemocratic. The faults lie on both sides. David Cameron's inability to control immigration and Brussels undemocratic actions. The vitriol and xenophobia of the leave side didn't help their cause but ultimately the British people voted to leave. Brussels has to take some of the blame for that.

It's just a shame that we are putting up borders again when we should be taking them down. Blame on both sides.

Incidentally, I didn't have a vote cause I'm an eyeti. ��.

I voted to leave and my decision was made years ago. The EU is completely flawed an doomed to failure (the sooner the better in my view).. To be honest and brutal if the EU is so bloody great an idea why after many dacades is it going nowhere and causing massive unemployment for it peoples and countries like Italy, Hungary and Austria to build barriers with each other?

However, I think the leading lady in your wonderful Scotland is poison and dangerous and needs to ousted asap. All I see with her is that she hates the concept of the UK..

How scan Scotland be independent if it seeks attachment to the EU? It's simply bonkers!

Quote Originally Posted by John R View Post
    I voted to leave and my decision was made years ago. The EU is completely flawed an doomed to failure (the sooner the better in my view).. To be honest and brutal if the EU is so bloody great an idea why after many dacades is it going nowhere and causing massive unemployment for it peoples and countries like Italy, Hungary and Austria to build barriers with each other?

However, I think the leading lady in your wonderful Scotland is poison and dangerous and needs to ousted asap. All I see with her is that she hates the concept of the UK..

How scan Scotland be independent if it seeks attachment to the EU? It's simply bonkers!
    Good post John, as for 'oor Nicola' not sure about poison, one of the reasons for those that wanted Scottish independence was simply because the current system was broken, it didn't matter how Scotland voted, we still ended up with what the South East saw as important, now I know the same was true for other parts of the UK such as Wales, and Northern England, but as Scots we didn't have any skin in that game, so we asked for independence, take the last general election where Scots voted almost unilaterally for SNP yet we still have a Tory government, but what that did was show the rest of the U.K. a that we can be powerful, that's what happened on Thursday, all the disenfranchised, those that have been forgotten decided to stand up and be counted, and now the S/E don't like it. Scotland moaning about it, and NI too,M well let's face it, anything to have a pop at something that didn't go your own way. Democracy was in action on Thursday, we need to suck it up. Instead of all those pissed off trying to overturn the vote coz it didn't go their own way would be better putting that energy into making plans to build for the future without be holding to Europe.

As for Scottish independance, that ship has sailed, we had the chance, we didn't want it as a nation, with that in mind now Britain is out of Europe we ARE stronger together, Scotland will struggle on its own and I doubt we will be accepted into EU anyway, and I've supported SNP for most of my voting life.

Quote Originally Posted by John R View Post

I agree John. The failures of the EU have caused barriers to be built rather than taken down. It may have been a vision of Utopia at the beginning but it certainly hasn't turned out that way. It's just sad that it has happened in such a vitriolic manner. Why did the member states let it go too far?

The answer is that none of us are perfect and the "grass is greener on the other side" view is flawed because humanity being what it is, most people will complain even when they get to the "other side". The English are no different from anyone else and they kid themselves if they think they are radically different from the rest of Europe, or the world for that matter.

No different from the view of ISIS towards Christians, America towards Russia etc. Many of us like to think we are superior but the truth is we are not.

https://www.facebook.com/DemocraziaVerde/

Interesting take on it, how much of those doomsayers currently stamping their feet is propaganda? Now I realise that video has an agenda, too, so perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle?

The European parliament created the "undemocratic" union. I wonder if they thought they could sneak through a European superstate without anyone noticing? I think all the member states should have had a referendum at the same time. That would definitely have put the wind up the bureaucrats in Brussels as most of the states would probably have decided to leave.

Anyway. It is what it is. Sad that there have been racist comments against EU migrants reported.

We have an agreement with France for them to have border control to stop thousands of immigrants reaching our shores. They could now decide to wave them through.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    We have an agreement with France for them to have border control to stop thousands of immigrants reaching our shores. They could now decide to wave them through.
    Yep, but nothing stopping us catching them and sending them back.

Except that our spending on border patrol is at an all time low thanks to reliance on the EU .

All this about a European super state is rubbish . The tragic thing is that disillusioned and dissatisfied people lives will get worse as result of a brexit . it is analogous to treating a broken leg by cutting it off .

money and power in this country are far to concentrated the EU was the only fetter .

All this bureaucrats in brussles is comical , what laws have they actually passed that are problematic

hmmm lets see

working hours
    health and safety at work
    control of harmful substances
    car safefty
    maternity pay
    standardised holiday pay
    civil court uniformity
    single market conditions
    distance selling regulations
    cold calling regulations
    banking regulations
    fishing and farming regulations

bugger me what a nasty bunch of people .

And if the people of the uk voted for a change , it was primarily the ill educated and idiotic voting for Muslims and the poles to be sent back .

it was also primarily stupid geriatrics who will be dead long before the real issues arise .

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Quinn View Post
    And if the people of the uk voted for a change , it was primarily the ill educated and idiotic voting for Muslims and the poles to be sent back .

it was also primarily stupid geriatrics who will be dead long before the real issues arise .
    I take issue with this post Daniel, is it to provoke an angry response. As a lawyer I'm sure you know that that statement is as idiotic as the people it describes.

I'm sure a minority felt and voted like that, it's the same everywhere, there will always be a minority of subhumans who feel like that, in fact it's worse in places like Germany and Spain, yes the media has picked up on some disgusting reports of racism following the vote, but as in all things they exaggerate and it suits their agenda, and it sells 'news' Why have we not heard the stories of those reassuring immigrant friends and colleagues, that we love having them here, and no the vote doesn't mean they have to go home, and we'll fight to make sure thats the case, mmm that doesn't sell papers or suit agendas.

Listen 17m voted out, I was as shocked as the rest of you, but they can't all be the dirty smelly unwashed and uneducated. How many of the 16m who voted remain did so because 'well I'm alright Jack'? I watched one of the numerous debates prior to the election, although I had already made up my mind, I watched them anyway, on one question time we had most of those asking questions were only interested in how it affected THEM. Now to my mind those voters are just as abhorrent as those voting because of racist ideals, horrible selfish slime, I voted based on the future or how I saw it, not how it would affect me today, if more had looked at the bigger picture....rather than what they thought or what they were fed...the vote might have gone the other way, but some of the info I have read since all this happened makes me thing that if people had been fully informed, then the vote have have gone the same way....only by a larger majority!!!

Now some of those who voted on the immigration issue (Tony Blair's fault) did so not because of race, but more the economic migrants, those looking to see what they can take, not what they can offer, we have enough homegrown parasites who don't want to work without importing more. Those people voted the way they did because the REMAIN camp failed them, Immigration was an issue used by Leave, why didn't Remain tell people the truth?

The whole thing is a stinking mess, but it has happened, what we need to do now is stop blaming each other (divide and conquer, Tories played a blinder on that one) and start working together. In all honesty I don't see it happening, true at the moment Osbourne and co are saying it will (but they never lie do they?) and the Eropeans are saying hurry up and get on with it, and only today the message has softened a bit by announcements that the rest won't hurry us, over the next few months lets see what happens, my guess is some kind of agreement will be reached that allows both parties to back down without losing face, they need us as much as we need them, perhaps more so.

The "United states of Europe" was slowly creeping upon us and it didn't look to me as if many people wanted it. Also I'm sure that not everyone who voted to leave wanted to because of immigration. Unfortunately though we end up with the lowest common denominator and those people who previously remained in the closet are now rearing their ugly heads i.e. the race hate instigators. They are prevalent everywhere all over the world, not just in Britain.

Actually, if you'd read my previous comments properly Daniel you would have seen that i didn't get a vote at all. So i really am sitting on the fence on this one. I could see the issues on both sides of the camp and i hope it was done purely for economic reasons and not for "patriotic" ones because , quite frankly, that is pie in the sky. That's what causes grievances between people of different races etc.

+ Reply to Thread