+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hallo form Audio-philia in Edinburgh!

I thought the vast majority of Scots want to remain. There will be another Scottish referendum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    I thought the vast majority of Scots want to remain. There will be another Scottish referendum (?)
    Was not about who voted what, it's the shear arrogance of the remain side that those who voted leave are idiots and therefor they must think they are superior, I'm sure there are idiots on both sides, but the die has been cast, time to stick together and move on.

All the doomsayers are assuming the right wing have one and we have 4 years of Boris, have none considered that following the General Election where the Scots showed the rest of the U.K. that if we stick together we can change things, who says we have to accept the status quo I'm sure we could call for an election, the Internet has allowed people to get organised and it's time we had a real good look at how we run our country.

I'm glad I'm out of that, however we do have the Independence issue here.
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

Yes because of the referendum.

What is worrying is that there's a clear cut in the whole of Uk so either way keeps a lot of people divided anyway - not a great idea this whole story.

Some forums forbid political discussion, either explicitly or implicitly. Now that I think about it, perhaps it's their colonial heritage. A long lingering, intergenerational tradition of just not knowing how to be gentlemen--a factor that might have contributed to their forebears' colonial fate in the first place.

I had no doubts that the political issue arising here would be handled with civility. On some other forums, I'd have no doubts about it going differently.

Absolutely. No blubbing, good God man we're British.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

+ Reply to Thread