+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: is this fair????

It's ironic John that over a period when you were quiet on the forum, a period where I noticed Cymbiosis goading you without success, you've been banned. It's bang on as you said, too much of a threat to them.

Steve I hope your Norton is going well ����. They couldn't handle your knowledge and common sense. The devotees remind me of the North Korean populace, with DW as Kim Jon Linn ������ Flatearther the one who called a member an idiot and worse, Linn said nothing - didn't even put him on a shoogly peg, then gets touchy about being called a prick which he is.
    Cymbiosis is once again at it trying to rubbish all arms except Linn ones because all others have tonearm cables which exit straight down, causing difficulty to dress properly. He knows well that's not true or maybe he is the ridiculous idiot. Perhaps he needs his head screws torqued by ThomasOK !

Quote Originally Posted by WillRae View Post
    It's ironic John that over a period when you were quiet on the forum, a period where I noticed Cymbiosis goading you without success, you've been banned. It's bang on as you said, too much of a threat to them.

Steve I hope your Norton is going well ����. They couldn't handle your knowledge and common sense. The devotees remind me of the North Korean populace, with DW as Kim Jon Linn ������ Flatearther the one who called a member an idiot and worse, Linn said nothing - didn't even put him on a shoogly peg, then gets touchy about being called a prick which he is.
    Cymbiosis is once again at it trying to rubbish all arms except Linn ones because all others have tonearm cables which exit straight down, causing difficulty to dress properly. He knows well that's not true or maybe he is the ridiculous idiot. Perhaps he needs his head screws torqued by ThomasOK !
    Hi yes Norton(your ex Norton lol) is working great(didn't know it was yours originally until after I had bought it,the guy I bought it off told me he had bought it from you:-small world isn't it lol)
    flatearther called Lennart:-villaromsas on forum ,a cretin,which I think is far more derogatory than being called a prick and I don't think he was even warned even though Lennart complained about it,villaromsas has been banned as well since then lol
    Last edited by steve195527; 15th August 2016 at 20:08.

I wouldn't worry too much Steve. You, I and villaromsas are far better off out of there, it's so full of utter crap and misinformation so as to be unbelievable.

It's only for the totally devoted m8 - you'll never change them because they've swallowed Ivor's "tune dem" bullshit hook, line and sinker!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by steve195527 View Post
    DW banned me for having a bit of a row with a member on there who is a prick,which I called him,what he didn't know (the prick that is)is that he was telling me to drop an issue that I had emailed linn about and also had pm'd dw about before even starting the thread about the massive price rise of the belts,having asked both linn and dw politely why such a large rise,and being ignored I was hoping by keeping the thread alive dw may chirp in and give the reason,instead he banned me for not treating another member with respect,but I did give him more respect that he deserved lol
    They've got what they wanted, a love in for fanboys. We don't worry who snubs us whatsoever

It's tosh, Linn would in any case have a customer believe that after 5 years of use it was high time a tonearm was rebuilt or replaced anyway. Suggesting that Jonnie doesn't know how to rebuild an Ekos safely is a nonsense (but probably valuable propeganda for Linn). If the arm was not rebuilt correctly it wouldn't have operated correctly, ever. The installer would have detected this and I would hope that the customer would have detected it. This is a case of the customer (probably egged on by Linn) lashing out for no good reason. I suspect he was made to feel a fool by Linn and decided to grab revenge. Further, how do we know that the customer hasn't just mistreated the arm, the dealer hasn't made a mistake and tried to cover his tracks etc etc etc. I for one will vouch for the integrity of Jonnie. This is a small time craftsman that will works harder and with more care and precision than any employee of Linn I have ever encountered. I've been to this fellows house, he doesn't earn a fortune. Rather he lives modestly and builds and repairs to earn a normal living for the love of it. These attributes for which I for one feel are positive are the absolute opposite of some of the high up the food chain Linn management nobs I've encountered. Forgive me for ranting but this really annoys me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think 'small time' is the wrong phrase but I know what you mean. Great post.

I mean craftsman, artisan, micro manufacturer. Not srewdriver wielding meddler but I take your point TIU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome Speedboy, thanks for the post. Those of us who know John, and his work know it's bollocks, hopefully it has done little damage to Johns hard earned reputation, the only ones who believed that nonsense where those who worship the cult of Linn and wouldn't be Audioorigami customers anyway, if only they knew the whole story about their beloved brand, and would take their blinkers off, they may even discover what is ACTUALLY on their records.

Dust?

lets think about this,if any "normal person"(ie not a linn brainwashed prick)had something as expensive as an Ekos serviced/repaired anywhere and it wasn't working as it should would they wait so long to have it looked at OR would they contact the person they felt were responsible directly almost straight away?I know I would!maybe the owner messed with it himself in the meantime and screwed it up(without admitting it)!for linn fanatics and some of their dealers this is then an ideal chance to perpetrate their misguided belief that only linn products have the expertise and know how to service and repair their stuff and also the opportunity for some in that clique to try to damage the reputation of j7,who is actually in some way a competitor, both in the repair/service but also in the manufacture of competing tone arms

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Dust?
    I thought everyone of them was layered with Magick Faerie Dust

/L
    Tangerine Audio Stiletto, Plateau, Skorpion, SME V ( D ), Dynavector DRT XV 1S, Chord Signature Tuned Aray, Linn Cirkus, Linn Radikal Klimax, Tranquility
    https://www.linnarts.se

Welcome speedboy.
    I wholeheartedly agree with your comments and sentiments. My earlier post on this subject mirrors exactly what you have said.
    J7 has since done other work on my LP12 and it can only be described as faultless.
    Those who would see him falter are,in my opinion, following their own agenda to further their own profit and reputation, little realising or understanding that they are,in fact,doing quite the reverse.

Be good to see how clever these Linn "expert dealers" are..

Let's see if they'd be up for this little challenge - present each of them with a range of different turntable and arm issues and let's see who comes out best of all in rectifying them (without allowing them to send to someone else to do the work) my money would be on j7.

As for the other's? I think you all know the answer to that question.

I have repaired a number of LP12's that have been the subject of Linn expert dealer attention and their sprinkling of "Magik" has been nothing more than reprehensible. Motor flanges mangled, no washers under suspension grommets, mangled top plates due to over tightening coupled to no washers on cross brace so this too was mangled! Unbelievable, but my favourite par of the mantra is "Linn tight" the amount of damage I have witnessed due to this bullshit is unbelievable.
    Last edited by John R; 9th January 2017 at 09:16.

+ Reply to Thread