+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sole VIII the ultimate Sole?

Default Sole VIII the ultimate Sole?

I've taken this as far as I can go now. The detachable arm-board remains but is now attached by 5 no M4 machine screws - looks just like a Keel but far better IMHO. Hell it'll retail for less than a third of the price and for those of us in the know, we know how well it performs!

On target for release end September. Arm-boards to suit Linn naturally, Rega, Naim, Moerch and SME that will follow a few months later.

Pictures to follow was soon as they are ready.
    Last edited by John R; 18th August 2016 at 12:57.

The Sole Ultimatum or the Sole Supremacy? Nice one John, I'm sure all your hard work and dedication will reap their rewards.

Cheers Gary, both of your suggestions have a nice ring to them and no pun intended either!

My preference is for Sole Ultimatum, as "Sole Supremacy" could cause too much angst and consternation with the Linn luvvies over on the Linn forum and their little bleeding hearts may fail

Ultimatum literally means 'the last one' so is very apt.

Blog Entries

maybe dedicate to those on the 'other forum', call it AS Sole.
    cheers.....Bryan

http://qualia.webs.com/

Very droll Bryan

I think Gary has it with Sole Ultimatum though.

Be interesting to read what the "other forum" members have to say when it hits the market end Sept.
    Last edited by John R; 19th August 2016 at 08:49.

You can't call it the sole ultimatum. It as 2 many negative connotations . An ultimatum is in essence a final demand . It was creditors give debtors , parents give children , employers give employees .

chambers dictionary definition - ultimatum noun (ultimatums or ultimata) 1 in a dispute, negotiations, etc: a final statement from one of the parties involved to another, declaring an intention to take hostile action unless specified conditions are fulfilled. 2 any final terms, demand, etc.
    ETYMOLOGY: 18c: Latin neuter of ultimatus ultimate.

I can understand it is your final statement on this product , but the word ultimatum does not convey that meaning . Definitive is a much more accurate adjective .

DQ, I thank you..

Wonderful legal view and support, I fully understand and take your advice on this..

The Definitive Sole then?

The Sole Supreme is what I'd call it oh and fuck the Linnies, none of them will be buying it.
    Last edited by The Professor; 19th August 2016 at 20:03.

Well done Prof!

Dead right about the Linnie's and the good news is I've moved loads away from Linn BS and their dealers over the years

I very much prefer Sole Supreme . not only is it alliterative. it as musical connotations [ supremes ] and the meaning retains the fact it is your definitive statement on the product .

- supreme adj 1 highest in rank, power, importance, etc; greatest • the Supreme Court. 2 most excellent; best • supreme effort. 3 greatest in degree; utmost
    Last edited by Daniel Quinn; 23rd August 2016 at 16:46.

Thank you for your input DQ.

I thought of using the prefix "SDU" Sole. Supreme, Definative and Ultimate (there will be no further iteration of Sole) Version VIII is the final.

Quote Originally Posted by John R View Post
    Thank you for your input DQ.

I thought of using the prefix "SDU" Sole. Supreme, Definative and Ultimate (there will be no further iteration of Sole) Version VIII is the final.

Yeah coz that just roles off the tongue, if you have to explain it.....

....keep it simple, use one word, supreme, OR ultimate OR definitive.

Version VIII is the final.
    Is that what Stallone said about Rocky?

Quote Originally Posted by cat's squirrel View Post
    maybe dedicate to those on the 'other forum', call it AS Sole.
    Perhaps as a special edition for Linn Forum members in annodized brown.

I wouldnt have you actually make it, though. Just photoshop it, and put it on your website with a straight face as a taunt to Linnies. Maybe with some text that implies a lot of them are actually buying it. Heheh. Instill paranoia..."whose the traitor who broke rank and bought one of these?"

I'll need some assistance to put the glowing feedback from very happy customers on to the Linn forum when the Supreme Sole is first reported on as I've been banned.

No matter what Linn's expert dealers tell punters it's alway great when people report back that they wished they hadn't wasted Ģ750 on the Kore! Indeed, a gentleman from Germany who last W/E installed a Sole VII for his mate, that is what he said.

Well I've alway believed Ai produce better sub chassis than Linn do and at very fair price to the punter to boot.
    Last edited by John R; 28th August 2016 at 17:42.

I'll need some assistance to put the glowing feedback from very happy customers on to the Linn forum when the Supreme Sole is first reported on as I've been banned.

No matter what Linn's expert dealers tell punters it's alway great when people report back that they wished they hadn't wasted Ģ750 on the Kore! Indeed, a gentleman from Germany who last W/E installed a Sole VII for his mate, that is what he said.

Well I've alway believed Ai produce better sub chassis than Linn do and at very fair price to the punter to boot.
    a good start might be to stop referring to your customers as 'punters', a terrible term that's highly derogatory

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    a good start might be to stop referring to your customers as 'punters', a terrible term that's highly derogatory
    That's not me referring to "my customers" Paul, it was simply a casual generalisation of folk who may or may not be willing to take a gamble on our products. It was in no way meant to be malicious or derogatory.
    Last edited by John R; 28th August 2016 at 21:08.

That's not me referring to "my customers" Paul, it was simply a casual generalisation.
    ok then potential punters, it's a terrible term and refers to the fodder that usually frequent betting establishments with little actual thought to the process, i.e. they'll buy any old shite as long as the price is right, when working at JA we got an email from a cable supplier, it referred to offering a deal to 'your punters' do you know i never sold another one of their products after that. It might not seem big deal but to my mind it's no better than referring to customers and potential customers as 'wankers' and i realise you didn't mean it in that context, but it was just a friendly piece of advice John.

+ Reply to Thread