+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linn Cirkus Bearing

Default Linn Cirkus Bearing

Hi,

I'm wanting one of these, not the 400 kit as I don't need all the bits, just the bearing and the screws. I've seen these for sale once or twice for around 110, I presume that if you're in the trade you can buy these as spares from Linn.

If you could help me that would be lovely, thanks

You can get one form Cymbioisis' on line shop but that's just for the bearing housing. if you also want the new inner platter an spindle that'll be a cool additional 350… Nice move by Linn that! A Cirkus bearing kit now comes without 2 belts, arm board and the Cirkus chassis plate for the same price as before - shysters!

That's cool, thanks man. The spindle and bearing isn't a matched pair and the old spindle isn't the same shape so don't want to have to buy a whole kit when I don't need the inner platter, spindle, chassis, arm-board, clips, springs etc, they'd just go straight on eBay.

My LP12 already has the current chassis as you'd get if you bought a vanilla 'Majik' LP12 but it has the old bearing in, which is 30 years old and past its best. If I can get a new bearing in there then I'll look at a chassis upgrade (will go 3rd party I'm sure) after. I'm not bothered about making a hyper LP12, can't afford that but I spent a lot of time refurbishing the deck last year but felt I'd skipped on an important component because I couldn't buy it on its own.

Thanks for the link, will go n buy.

+ Reply to Thread