+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speakers gotta make room Sony G4

Smile Speakers gotta make room Sony G4

So I have these great older Sony G4 three way speakers they sound fantastic , honestly I bounced a set of tannoy dm12 speakers and kept these , nice propper 10 inch bass driver , I don't have much information on them , but they were very expensive and quality items , when made in late 80s , honestly , propper full sound and life like , but I have too much stuff also other big 15 Jbl speakers amongst others , I use a 50 watt preside amp and they go as loud as you like , yes there about 24 inches tall and 12 wide with 10 inch depth and covered in brown of its day. Plastic mock walnut , but good condition bring any CDs and have a listen , I am after 150 I payed a good deal more , you will need to hear them also I don't have any stands for these , but even plonked on a couple of chairs these boogie , I am in Dunfermline fife , rich.jazzbass

Cannot interest anyone, I will take 130. They are lovely big full sound, working perfectly , I have gotta make space,I have another not so big set of other speakers I am using just at the moment , in a set of very nice stands on loan from a kind member in hear, I am in Dunfermline fife, these would make a fantastic retro system or a decent set of larger main speakers , the drums sound great on these with my winton Marsalis CDs , lovely. Rich

Hi Rich. You might get more money on ebay for these. Lots of peeps on there looking for retro speakers.

I am going to pop then on tomorrow , thanks for the heads up , I paid a good bit more for them , but no regrets , I will put em on at 150 honestly I know there big cabs but they do sound fine to my flaps, and working perfectly , funny when I brought them from a chap in St. Andrews I had no idea just liked the idea of a big three way , 10 inch bass etc ,it turns out they are quiet rare speakers, etc , I much preferred them to a set of act sm120 things I had , that were 1500 pounds , honestly I took a loss of about 800 and learnt a good lesson for life, also previously I had a nice just as big set of older B+W I think 4 speakers nice bouncy 8 inch bass , plus a top supper tweeter , nice Cole thing and plenty loud enough for loud house sessions, but I just didn't have room and I regretted selling them for 50 to a home sort of dealer chappie, but at the time I had them for sale for a while and no takes , but the instant the car drove off the drive I was like bugger. Anyway , regards to you and your wife. Ritchie

So i am in hear for a final , try befor I get on the gum tree , please see the previous post, but these big Sony Ss s51. Speakers have to go there in the loft and need moving on , so I will take 100 if any one wants them , come and hear them , honestly they got propper quality units in them German drivers I think , big sound , propper deep bass , sound like real instruments if you have a good recording, nice propper high quality 4 inch mid range , 12 inch bass speaker , propper bass sound and quality, Sears tweeter on top 1 inch lovely clean and open top end, also a mince modern Sony top of the range , receiver mosfett amp , U.K. Tuned thing , 100 watts lots of channels , remote and a good radio , cost nearly 300" happy to take 80 it's got a good little phone stage as well, perfectly usable, , lots of power and remote , it's silver and in perfect condition and perfect working order, hardly used really only about 6 months it was used to drive a set of Martin Logan panels speakers, quiet happily, anyway , I am in Dunfermline, Fife if you want to have a listen , model number ss S51. I think there from the heritage range , regards jazzbass.

Ritchie, are you selling Sony G4 or SS-S51?

Are they these? (the same, not this pair precisely).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SO...4AAOSww3tY5qN9

Hello it's the ss s51 , 12 inch drivers ,in perfect working condition , my othe sonys are the big G4. Things. Smaller 10 inch bass, but plent for my little space, They both sound the same to me , the ss s51 are a slightly later model but still 3 way quality units , classical music on a good recording sounds propper to me , full ,might dynamics etc and more volume than you could ever use, even in a large room , if you need it,.

I cannot get the link but google images and or Sony vintage site will give you a picture of the Sony ss s51 , nice light coloured 12 inch bass speaker , quality unit I think a German brand I forgot, ,with a front port, big low bass on these speakers if it's on the recording.

No , these are the 8 inch version , no front port, sealed box , same sort of thing, just scaled up the brown trim on the bass and mid is the same as on my G4 models.

+ Reply to Thread