+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New To me Alphason Xenon

Default New To me Alphason Xenon

So excited to get this fitted on my SOTA.. but I'm thinking perhaps I should send it over to J7 first

Hi Psycho and welcome....

You don't mention the age or condition of the Xenon or it's cable. The Alphason always had a great reputation for build quality and longevity, but you also omit to mention whether you have any concerns about its current state. Are the bearings showing any signs of wear? Is there any noticeable damage? Etc etc....

There is no doubt that if you have the slightest concern regarding any of these issues, or you would feel happier with the arm after a full check-over and 'service', you won't find anyone more qualified to provide the appropriate requirements than j7.

It would be worth contacting him via this site with more information and photos if possible.

G.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Fit it on the SOTA, play it for a week THEN send it to John, that way you'll see how good his work really is.

thanks gents..arm is in great shape. ready for play. Purchased from the first owner with box and paperwork. Will try to load pics here or post at his FB page

What's its age then? Elegant arms the Alphasons, look good on a lot of older tts.

I've never heard an Alphason arm but would love to, they look great. Don't know what the armwire is like but you could always think about that as a future upgrade. I was very happy with the rewire J7 did to my Rega 250.

+ Reply to Thread