+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MC Phonostage

Default MC Phonostage

Just purchased a new amp which does not have phono, considering this was an unexpected purchase, I am now looking for a cheap MC phono. Budget approx 200 so if anyone has a spare collecting dust and is not needed anymore please let me know.
    Dave

treat yourself to a NAD PP2 for around 100 , i've been using one for about 4 years and it 'sees off' stages costing 4 times the cost !!

You can buy a NAD PP2 for 70 now, and I thought that was a good price. I did read comments on another forum, and although there was no bad views it was felt a Project PhonoBox se or Cambridge 640P were more refined. I'll certainly bare it mind talisman. Thanks.

For not much money the Cambridge takes some beating I had one for years. It can also be turned into a bit of a giant killer if or when funds permit by Jez Arkless of this and other parishes.
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

I use a pre loved MF X-LPS, MM and MC, great value and SQ. I paid 250 aussie $$ under 200 UK pounds.
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

Here you go as recommended by Batty

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...d.php?t=198193
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Except mine is a v3.
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thanks for all the help and info, at the moment I am just trying to contact someone with a Arkless modded Cambridge. Will let you know the outcome ASP

Just to let you know I purchased the Arkless phono and it arrived 3 days ago. Would I recommend it - yes. Has made a very positive improvement to the sound of my vinyl. Thanks to every for their recommendations.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread