+ Reply to Thread

Thread: really spooky

Blog Entries

Default really spooky

been to a pub, this evening, with the family, and decided to leave, pickup a card reader on the way home (needed for a craft fair Sun/Mon) and pulled up outside the house where the person with the reader lives. Partner went to fetch the reader, and left me in the ambulance (our own mode of transport) (I've been feeling a little off colour, today).

While waiting, and getting a little cold, I had Brahms’s German Requiem running through my brain. I have a scenario for the start of a film, where an astronaut loses contact with the space station and floats off into space, with the music of Brahms’s Requiem playing.

When I got home, I said I would cook tea (Italian) and turned on the radio in the kitchen, BBC Radio3. What was playing? You guessed it, the exact part I was thinking about in the van. Spooky or what?
    Last edited by cat's squirrel; 14th April 2017 at 23:53.
    cheers.....Bryan

http://qualia.webs.com/

Is Jackanory still on?

And are card readers rare in your area? One person is the allocated 'Holder of the great card'.

Last edited by TIU; 14th April 2017 at 22:35.

Quote Originally Posted by cat's squirrel View Post
    been to a pub, this evening, with the family, and decided to leave, pickup a card reader on the way home (needed for a craft fair Sun/Mon) and pulled up outside the house where the person with the reader lives. Partner went to fetch the reader, and left me in the ambulance (our own mode of transport) (I've been feeling a little off colour, today).

While waiting, and getting a little cold, I had Brahms’s German Requiem running through my brain. I have a scenario for the start of a film, where an astronaut loses contact with the space station and floats off into space, with the music of Brahms’s Requiem playing.

When I got home, I said I would cook tea (Italian) and turned on the radio in the kitchen, BBC Radio3. What was playing? You guessed it, the exact part I was thinking about in the van. Spooky or what?
    or co-incidence, if ou hadn't been thinking about some music you knew well, you wouldn't have had a connection when it co-incidentaly was played on the radio, then this thread wouldn't exist now thats spooky.

My film begins with me strapping various weapons to assorted parts of my body before going in to rescue an assortment of ordinary citizens. Something by Dr. Dre is banging away in the background. Haven't decided what just yet! And should the bad guys be consequence free (aliens/zombies) or real people (terrorists/Green party campaigners)? Hmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    or co-incidence, if ou hadn't been thinking about some music you knew well, you wouldn't have had a connection when it co-incidentaly was played on the radio, then this thread wouldn't exist now thats spooky.
    Kate Bush wrote a song about that

Quote Originally Posted by Cable Monkey View Post
    My film begins with me strapping various weapons to assorted parts of my body before going in to rescue an assortment of ordinary citizens. Something by Dr. Dre is banging away in the background. Haven't decided what just yet! And should the bad guys be consequence free (aliens/zombies) or real people (terrorists/Green party campaigners)? Hmmmm!
    is that after you had made a film about some kind of death race and a couple about boxing for the heavy weight championship of the world?

Blog Entries

terrorists: real people?
    cheers.....Bryan

http://qualia.webs.com/

Very much so. They reckon for every martyr there are potentially 10 more created. Often from the ranks of the disenfranchised both within the religion (converts, ethnic minority's, sinners) and the wider society (criminals, and sadly the mentally ill). Dehumanisation simply plays into the narrative that then helps justify their actions in their own minds. I could go on but this was supposed to be a light hearted thread.

they are all real people,just have distorted views of things and may suffer from paranoia of some kind,so hence need to find somebody/something to blame for how they think things are,or maybe just evil bastards who enjoy inflicting pain /injury/death on others

+ Reply to Thread