+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speakers and stuff measurements etc

Default Speakers and stuff measurements etc

I know it's just speakers and stuff but I am also a person who makes my living making sounds and by default listening to sounds , I haven't for a long while been very engaged in buying Hifi stuff but happily just listening to tunes , but in the past I have engaged at times with some companies selling equipment as we all need stuff to play our tunes on , but hears the thing I do wonder if we can sometimes be lead by the big players etc , so in part I have found a interesting little demo for or against placing speakers etc and after all in the end were are going to have to plonk our self in front of some cabs and at some point decide that we like one set over another , but we also have our own moving etc to take in to account etc , mind you I don't have a good track record , because at various times over the last 20 years I have even run old pa sound system cabs for tunes and even in a single mono big commercial Jbl 15 in bass and a 20 inch horn set up , whilst playing along on my doublebass ,

So prehaps have a look at this chaps video , it's a bit geeky , but hey ho ,

YouTube. Studio monitor phase alignment and why Keith morris , Posted by Keith morris ,

He uses a system called smart to find frequency so etc , interesting .

Regards. Jb.

The small gigs I have been to recently have a sound man but everything is turned up to 11. It's difficult to separate the instruments, it just makes your ears ring.

I agree but sadly most operating sound desks seem to disagree , I suppose it's just preference, but pub gigs seriously a drum kit is reall quiet loud before you put microphones on it, I did help out on a jazz big band gig many years ago we had it all down to two smallish main speakers and 3 small 8 inch monitors , we did a coule of small hall gigs , sounded fine to me ,

+ Reply to Thread