+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's happening at Anologue Innovation ?

Default What's happening at Anologue Innovation ?

As it has been a little quiet here re ently i thought i would ask what John has been up to.

I haven't got my in sole bobbins fitted yet or my recently acquired sub chassis. In fact i have not even looked at the lp12 recently. Have thought about it though.

Been busy messing with amplifiers, cdp and racks. Not to forget a speaker project that is part way finished. I got a bit of diy audio fatigue a month or two ago and had to give it a rest for a while. Any way, feeling raring to go again.

Stu
    Linn LP12, Rubikon, in sole, Aro, Argo, modified naim CD3.5, Avondale pre & power amps, B&W P4

Hello Stu.

All's well here Sir thank you for enquiring. Ai is doing fine thanks.

Personally, I've taken a break from audio related work at the moment and having a bit of a sabbatical by concentrating on re-arranging my workshop and also spending some much needed time on my neglected classic motorcycles and two 20yr old Alfa 155 sport pack's.

In saying all of that, we have a Gentleman client calling tomorrow to collect a Sole VII all the way from Australia, who's on holiday in the UK. I hope our weather will be kind to him.

You need to modify that LP12 pronto as you don't know what you're missing - same for your speakers as RD's "Doc mods" really are awesome and proven by measurement now too, as seen on the audio talk forum.

Regards.

John R.
    Last edited by John R; 1st June 2017 at 07:49.

Hi John,

Just making sure you were ok. Glad to hear everything is hunky dory.

I think you would have a fit if you saw my diy audio work space. It seriously needs tidying and organizing, but then i would probably not be able to find anything .

Doc mod speakers hit a problem with the baffle being all wrong for the mid & tweeter. I need to get on with it but decided to do something easier first. Thinking of going to the Audio Talk meet up at Doncaster and hopefully meet Dr Bunsen Honeydew himself. The LP12 will get it's day on the bench, eventually. My problem is i have a list of mods and builds to do and it never seems to get any smaller. Tick one off and add another !

Please put my name down for one of your mats when you get some more done.

Regards, Stu
    Linn LP12, Rubikon, in sole, Aro, Argo, modified naim CD3.5, Avondale pre & power amps, B&W P4

Hi Stu
    Sorry for a break in your thread but see forward to your findings with the insole upgrades from John on AI and together with Rubicon and Aro.

Have a nice weekend both of you.

/L
    Tangerine Audio Stiletto, Plateau, Skorpion, SME V ( D ), Dynavector DRT XV 1S, Chord Signature Tuned Aray, Linn Cirkus, Linn Radikal Klimax, Tranquility
    https://www.linnarts.se

I will surely tell you all about it when I get it done. Don't hold your breathe !

Happy weekend to you too.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by karatestu View Post
    Hi John,

Just making sure you were ok. Glad to hear everything is hunky dory.

I think you would have a fit if you saw my diy audio work space. It seriously needs tidying and organizing, but then i would probably not be able to find anything .

Doc mod speakers hit a problem with the baffle being all wrong for the mid & tweeter. I need to get on with it but decided to do something easier first. Thinking of going to the Audio Talk meet up at Doncaster and hopefully meet Dr Bunsen Honeydew himself. The LP12 will get it's day on the bench, eventually. My problem is i have a list of mods and builds to do and it never seems to get any smaller. Tick one off and add another !

Please put my name down for one of your mats when you get some more done.

Regards, Stu

Thanks Stu! Will do m8.

Sorry to hear of your Doc mods issues but please pass on my regards to The Doc should you meet up with him.

John R.

+ Reply to Thread