+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat shrink how to work out ,making cable up

Default Heat shrink how to work out ,making cable up

So I am I hear to pick some brains , I am not at all sure how to work out diameters etc , and heat shrink seems to cost , fortunes, so I have two lengths of 8 core Multicore, needing a end on each , so I have 18 Xlr connects to put on and then I need to find 16 lengths of about 70 cm for each thin cables, but then also a couple of larger section to wrap where the cable is split, the cable is I think quiet good, it's van damme 268 -108 , any ideas, or a good place to but the stuff, in the uk , regards. Rich .

Google is your friend.

https://awcwire.wordpress.com/2010/0...he-right-size/

Farnells, Maplin,Toolstation and even Halfords sell it in various diameters/multi selection packs.

I got a multi-pack in B&Q recently. It was more expensive but I needed it there and then.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

yes I am looking at the youtube, things as well, so I have just decovered I can get a 10 metere length of 6 mill tubbing for about 5 this is a lot cheaper than I had originally thought, I gotta wait till next weekend for the plugs, coming from china? I didn't realise till I popped the go button, I can be dim at times, so I might end up paying inport tax as well?? but I am going to with a bit of a hand from a gent in hear , make up my couple of multicore cables soon, its only taken me 20 years to stop messing around with looses cables a couple of times a year when I help out at school shows, just in time for wireless system , and wifi connecting stuff, rich

Chinese ebay sellers are getting crafty. They often have UK based in the listing but the item is shipped from China.

I have bought a few items from China and have never had to pay an additional charge. If you do have to, it should state it clearly in the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Chinese ebay sellers are getting crafty. They often have UK based in the listing but the item is shipped from China.
    Yeah, that happened to me when I ordered a laptop battery and the ad' said "Delivered by Royal Mail"!!!! Took about three weeks to arrive.
    But the opposite seems to happen sometimes. I did what Richie did a few weeks ago and pressed the button before I discovered the source address was in China!!! (according to the ad). However, expecting to wait for a few weeks again for delivery, I was a bit gobsmacked when it arrived at my door two days later..... Go figure!

G
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Default A little sneeky but don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    Yeah, that happened to me when I ordered a laptop battery and the ad' said "Delivered by Royal Mail"!!!! Took about three weeks to arrive.
    But the opposite seems to happen sometimes. I did what Richie did a few weeks ago and pressed the button before I discovered the source address was in China!!! (according to the ad). However, expecting to wait for a few weeks again for delivery, I was a bit gobsmacked when it arrived at my door two days later..... Go figure!

G
    Yes I typed in Xlr bulk .uk on the eBay and they came up in the first 7 or 8 , list , any way I do try to support the uk ,peeps happy to pay even a good bit more etc any way , no more sneeky than our uk banks , they really are cheeky foookers ,they don't even do the right thing when they are told to by authority's , over and over again , bankers ,politicians at it for the most part it seems , I am sure there are some good uns , amongst then. Moving on getting things organised , still got this lovely pair of big Sony ss s51 speakers three way they sound very very good to me , 12 inch propper light weight cones , I have two sets I feel I have a reasonable ear and these sound propper to me , 100 to go , 4 inch mid 1 inch nice quality seas tweeter as well , 1980 brown Finnish .
    Loud as you will ever need I like it loud these are fine , propper solid bass ,

That looks like them , are you interested , ?? Mine are perfect working order , honestly they sound very good , I had a set of act scm 3 way 125 I think they were tall three way sealed things about 2300' these sound more every thing to me , honestly very easy to drive nice deep bass , but also plenty of details , 100 people spend more on a pair of interconnects. I might paint em white and sell to a local vintage up cycle place , if your serious I would put them on a half pallet ,courier. Rich

No thanks m8, I currently have nine pairs of bookshelf speakers.

These defibnatly are not book shelf , big old style monitor type things , a bit like small fridges?? Only nine paired , you could make space for these I am sure , jb

70W max?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    70W max?
    Well it's like this firstly there nice and extra efficient , but also nice big magnets etc , and there propper watts , I mean old school , honestly fooooking loud , I have many times over the last 20 years had smaller 600 to 1000 modern speakers fired up and been very dissapointed in the actual ability to play any real sort of volume with out bumping the end stops or getting funky, these days you can get some very strange power ratings like 250 watts etc , but the things have terrible little drivers , even a old set of B&w with a nice 8 inch bass tweeter and a Coles super tweeter I had was only rated at 50 watts , but plenty of noise in the boxes , I have a set of propper pa speakers by Jbl with 15 inch bass and 13 inch exit horns rated at 250 watts and peak 400 watts , I had them on a 3watts valve amp once , it was a total volume festival. I think some of the early art speakers were rated in sort of 10 to 60 watts as a guide and they have plenty of volume , just saying .

In my room I prefer a smaller woofer.

+ Reply to Thread