+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rega Height Adjustment Spacer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Rega Height Adjustment Spacer

    Are there any fittings available that would make it easier for me to adjust the VTA on my AO Modified RB251 which is fitted to my LP12. I've swapped cartridges a few times and as a result have had to adjust the VTA using the plastic Rega Height Adjustment Spacer.

    I'm thinking that overtime the holes made by the screws going through the armboard will loose its purchase and no longer be firmly fitting the spacer, causing the arm also to become unstable.

    Is it possible for three threaded brass fittings to be fitted in the armboard to enable three threaded nuts to be easily used to go through the three point arm base and Height Adjuster Spacer and into three threaded brass fittings that form the holes in the armboard.

    Everything seems ok at the moment, but I'm thinking that it may become a problem for me the more adjustments I make.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,901
    Rep Power
    40369214

    Default

    Instead of using a brass insert, cheaper and easier to use a nut and bolt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I guess what I need is an armboard which is threaded so that the three point Rega Arm base can be secured with three bolts, not sure if there's such a thing as a threaded armboard though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,901
    Rep Power
    40369214

    Default

    I knew what you meant was th threaded brass inserts, and it's a valid thing to do, my point though was it's easier, and quicker, for not a lot of cash to use a nut and bolts(with washers) underneath to same effect.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I knew what you meant was th threaded brass inserts, and it's a valid thing to do, my point though was it's easier, and quicker, for not a lot of cash to use a nut and bolts(with washers) underneath to same effect.
    Thanks, it's a good idea and thanks for suggesting it. The only downside is that I would then have to take the armboard off every time I wanted to do a height adjustment.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,901
    Rep Power
    40369214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samz View Post
    Thanks, it's a good idea and thanks for suggesting it. The only downside is that I would then have to take the armboard off every time I wanted to do a height adjustment.
    Not if you take off the baseboard and sit the corners of your plinth on four bean cans then get your hands under and tighten bolts with a small ratchet spanner. Incidentally how is your arm board fixed to the baseplate?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,901
    Rep Power
    40369214

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Not if you take off the baseboard and sit the corners of your plinth on four bean cans then get your hands under and tighten bolts with a small ratchet spanner. Incidentally how is your arm board fixed to the baseplate?
    I didn't think my LP12 armboard was fitted to the baseplate, it is fitted to the Sole Sub-chassis. Thank you for the link too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,901
    Rep Power
    40369214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samz View Post
    I didn't think my LP12 armboard was fitted to the baseplate, it is fitted to the Sole Sub-chassis. Thank you for the link too.
    It is fitted to subchassis, but removing baseplate allows you access to underneath and to bolts if fitted, doesn't the sole subchassis have tapped holes for fixture?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    It is fitted to subchassis, but removing baseplate allows you access to underneath and to bolts if fitted, doesn't the sole subchassis have tapped holes for fixture?
    I don't think so, the three point arm base sits on the height adjuster, and self tapping screws then go through the three point Rega arm base and through the three selected holes in the adjuster and screws into the armboard which is MDF I think.

    The armboard is neatly connected to the sole Subchassis by means of three Allen Bolts. The Three point Rega arm and spacer is not screwed into the Subchassis.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts