+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A little ....possibly Legal advice?

You mean after screwing you around they'd be happy to sell you some more stuff. Great.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

It wasn’t Michel that was screwing him around it was Kronos AV

Yes I should make it absolutely clear that Michell have been excellent in their communications with me.....my problem lies with KronosAV....and I doubt I will ever set foot in the store again....credit note or not!

And so this sorry tale finally ends......I hope. Box arrived at work today containing HR Power Supply....thats an 11 month wait. I'm tempted to give Michell a call with the serial number or numbers I should say as the one on the outside of the box differs from the one on the inside, just to see if it is indeed one that Kronos had ordered!

Along with this was a box for the Ortofon cart with its serial number which could not be verified by HenleyAudio though they still registered a warranty for me.

Also included was a receipt of purchase listing every item at current prices rather than prices I was originally quoted. This gives the impression of a substantial discount.
    Finally a credit note for use in the shop to the value of 150 (they offered me power cables and mains block to the value 325 previously) though this note is all but useless as I doubt I'll ever set foot in the shop again.

So a dealer I will have no dealings with again. He can count himself lucky it was me and not some other members of my family or extended family who tend to be a little more physically assertive.

Listening to Mogwai and Ulver this evening......all is good.

Steve listened happily ever after!

I hope the experience hasn't scunnered you and that you at last get some enjoyment out of it.

Euan
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    I hope the experience hasn't scunnered you and that you at last get some enjoyment out of it.

Euan
    Ha Euan...nope I'm all chuffed with the stuff as it is now all up and running. Now I have to resist the evil thoughts of 'what if I went back to valve amps?' and 'I wonder how much I'd get for my old TT and ProAc's in exchange for new ProAcs?'

The only thing I will have difficulty with is what to do with the 150 credit note.......Hell will freeze over before I set foot back in their shop!

Do they have website ordering? My local hifi store has a decent selection of audiophile vinyl.

Lol the credit note is just a typed one. As for their website, just take a look! From memory they have very little in store reflected on their site.

Last time I was in I noticed their vinyl section. Waters - amused to death at 57 was enough to make me laugh.

Is it made out in your name or just a basic note?

You were enquiring about cheap t/t's for one of your students a short while ago. How about donating it to him? That would be a nice jesture at this time of year.

Euan

Giving a minor 150? Surely it would be viewed unfavourably and with suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    Is it made out in your name or just a basic note?

You were enquiring about cheap t/t's for one of your students a short while ago. How about donating it to him? That would be a nice jesture at this time of year.

Euan
    Take a look at Kronos AV accounts filed on companies house, in my opinion another reason to be wary of sending anyone into their store to purchase an expensive item, never mind the way Steve has been treated over this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Giving a minor 150? Surely it would be viewed unfavourably and with suspicion.
    Absolutely forbidden here as school policy!

The note is just a typed letter addressed to me. I'll send a workmate who lives near the shop to pick up some in ear phones or bookshelf speakers or some such. To be honest I'm past caring lol. Was listening to some of the recent Kraftwerk box last night and it's never sounded so good

If I were you I would certainly use the voucher, and having just looked on their site, headphones, mains products or a 2nd cartridge could be purchased. After all they have put you through the wringer, but very pleased you are finally happy with your purchase.

LOL they did offer me 300 worth of mains conditioner and power lead initially but I tend not to do foo Their website lists many things but in reality they have zero new stock in the store and everything has to be ordered bar a very small number of items.

I think I have this sussed though...my workmate has expressed an interest in my Old Project Xperience TT setup so I've to work out what is a reasonable price and confront him with it....as part of the deal I'll include the voucher so he can put that towards an amp and speakers......I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote23 View Post
    LOL they did offer me 300 worth of mains conditioner and power lead initially but I tend not to do foo Their website lists many things but in reality they have zero new stock in the store and everything has to be ordered bar a very small number of items.

I think I have this sussed though...my workmate has expressed an interest in my Old Project Xperience TT setup so I've to work out what is a reasonable price and confront him with it....as part of the deal I'll include the voucher so he can put that towards an amp and speakers......I hope.
    A fair market price would be 50-60% of new price, he's your mate though, you can work it out from there.

LMAO matey freaked out when I tried to explain he'd need either an amp with MC phono or a separate MC Phono stage along with the TT......'Thats far too difficult!'

In other news I'd spent the weekend listening to all sorts and thinking something isn't just 100% here. Speed was off so I bit the bullet, printed off a strobe disc, downloaded a RPM app for the phone and stuck a screwdriver in the rear of the HR PSU. Couple of twists later and we are all grand. Says a lot for my taste on music that it took me to play some Pink Floyd before I actually noticed the TT was spinning at 37rpm!!!

A bit faster won’t do the stuff you listen to any harm, be 9bpm instead of 8bpm

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    A bit faster won’t do the stuff you listen to any harm, be 9bpm instead of 8bpm
    Ssssh you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote23 View Post
    LMAO matey freaked out when I tried to explain he'd need either an amp with MC phono or a separate MC Phono stage along with the TT......'Thats far too difficult!'
    Ha ha.....ebay for a Dansette sounds like a plan....
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

I listen to pinky and perky versions of classic records (can play 78 rpm).

+ Reply to Thread