+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Tangerine Dream Album. Quantum Gate.

Default New Tangerine Dream Album. Quantum Gate.

I have this on pre-order but the digital RIP is available already.

It's pretty good IMHO. The TD purists may not be too keen but it is certainly "different" from most of their previous albums. Certainly less of a durge and more up-beat, almost bordering into dance music on some tracks.

Most of the tunes on it are a good test for your hifi, if you are into that sort of thing.

Not sure if there is enough of the old TD there for the Froese fans though.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

I bought it because its got Ulrich Schnauss on it.

I'm a bit of a fan of the old Schnausser.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    I bought it because its got Ulrich Schnauss on it.

I'm a bit of a fan of the old Schnausser.
    The original line-up is long gone but the "new kids on the block" have done a good job on this one.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

I ordered this through Burning Shed and have been informed the vinyl release has been delayed until late November.

Boo!!!
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Thought this one was a bit patchy. There are sections which sound like solo Ulrich which are great but they're sandwiched between other sections which I guess are Ed/TQ parts. The pastiche didn't really work for me, SynthWaves was much better IMO.

Hopefully they've purged Ed from their system and are now free to make music on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by jy3 View Post
    I ordered this through Burning Shed and have been informed the vinyl release has been delayed until late November.
    Got mine today from Amazon. Don't know what Burning Shed are playing at unless the distributor has decided to send them out in batches.

My vibe is that TeeDee as a band and Edgar's muse were on the way out long before Thorsten and Ulrich got involved. Ulrich's done some fantastic work on his own and I dearly hoped he'd take TeeDee into that kind of direction. From the little I've heard, that hasn't happened and I return to the mid 70's classics with a warm (blinkered?) smile on my face... I can't buy new music right now and before the two TeeDee CD's, I want to investigate ex-member Peter Baumann's effort from last year first. Edgar's book is also fifty quid or more (why?).
    Turntable bodger, freelance NVA builder, 'Dad-Taxi...'

+ Reply to Thread